ThisIsBenji's FZ6

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
1wD86EF.jpg

First track day on the new shock.

The bike felt really good coming into corners and mid-corner, but I definitely need to work on setup. I'm not exactly sure if it was just the track being rather bumpy (I haven't rode this particular track since May 2015) or if it was the shock, but I was getting some pretty decent head shake on full throttle corner exits. The back end felt really grippy when I was rolling on the throttle still leaned over after apex, but the front just seemed to be a bit shaky and not entirely under control. Heck, it could even be rider induced head shake, but I don't recall having that much trouble in the past. I fiddled with the settings a bit throughout the day and it started to get better, but we will see if I can get it even better next time.

As this is the first time I've had adjustable suspension on a bike it's a bit of a learning curve on what to adjust and when, next time I'm out at the track I'm going to have to try and get advice from more experienced riders and or the suspension setup guys (if they're there).

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As sharp as your bike is, I would loose the OEM chain / swing-arm stickers and buff the header (or do something with it).

I really like your naked set up.. Kinda surprised you don't have SS brake lines??

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Any suggestions for product to use on the headers? Mine have looked like crap basically since I got the bike at just over 1,000 miles. I think the previous owner got salt or something on them that caused a bit of damage.

Also, I've thought about SS brake lines, it's likely something I will upgrade to in the future. I have some EBC double H pads in there right now that seemed to help a bunch, however, I'm betting SS lines will make it even better.

On that subject... I'm also surprised I'm still rocking my OEM chain that seems to have salt damage as well.

There's still a bunch of things I'd like to change out on this bike.... it's honestly probably a good thing my Triumph came with just about everything I wanted.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My header was crappy with 4500 miles on the clock when I bought it. I used "Mothers metal cleaner" (white and red can) and one of those blue small towels(forgot the name)- And a whole bunch of buffing both by hand and with a buffing ball.

The SS lines do indeed firm the feel of the brakes, love em...

Last edited:

YamahaKid98

Reaction score
Visit site
Same as above. Used Mother's Polish with microfiber cloths.

*Tip. Let the bike warm up for about 5-10 seconds to heat the pipes up. It helps the garbage come off much easier than cold. Took me about 30 mins for those two.
93e64e392aa0ae3a8024b297d94302e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk