Thoughts from an FZ-6 fanatic whose bike is in trouble

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ-07 is a ridiculously fun bike to ride. People say how awesome the motor is in the FZ-09, and maybe they're right, but when I rode the FZ-07 I had way more fun. Featherweight and torquey, it's an ideal street bike. The throttle felt great, and the sound of a parallel twin with a pipe sounds macho.

That said, I am biased a bit towards the Street Triple...

My friend is looking at upgrading from a GSXR600 to a more upright sitting. She is vertically challenged (5'4"). She likes the look of the FZ-07. How was seating? More upright? How about seat height? Is it able to be lowered?

BTW-I love my Street Triple R. I love the Triumph triple engine. super smooth, super torquey, No vibrations at any rpms on either my Street Triple R or my Sprint. We did 3,000 miles this summer on an 8 day trip up into Canada on my Sprint and I was super comfortable. Let's put it this way, my old man (hubby) complained more than I did. lol

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently the more recent MT/FZ-09 have a different map so the snatch is either fixed or not as bad. And let's face it, if you can ride an FZ6 you can cope with poor fueling off a closed throttle.

About triples vs I4s, I've been getting used to a Sprint 1050st recently, and the triple is so much better. Significantly better. Torque all day, all the way round the tacho.

I'll probably be looking at Street Triple to replace the FZ6 in the future.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Yes, come on over to the darkside....Triumph Triples rock!!! You still enjoying your Sprint? The hard part of having 2 triples is deciding which one you're going to ride.... I rode both of mine this weekend! Yippee!!!

zixaq

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, come on over to the darkside....Triumph Triples rock!!! You still enjoying your Sprint? The hard part of having 2 triples is deciding which one you're going to ride.... I rode both of mine this weekend! Yippee!!!

I loved the Tiger I tried. Haven't gotten to test ride the Street/Speed triples yet.

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very in love with it. Just had to have the rear caliper rebuilt as one piston was sticking. Completely cooked off the pads, but never mind. New tank bag on it, big givi tanklock for the plastic tank.

I'm in two minds about getting a second triple. Choosing between another 1050, or the 675. Better fuel economy and easier in the winter on the 675, but I love the 1050, and a single sided swingarm too.

It's just a shame the FZ6 can't last forever.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd grab an FZ8, if I were looking for more of the same - but something a touch different.

Slightly more power, without being too wild.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha dropped the FZ6 for 2010 and brought out the FZ6R, a fully faired upright bike... with about 25 less horsepower than the outgoing FZ6.

Yamaha brought out the FZ6R in 2009 (which overlapped with the last production year of the FZ6)

But don't discount the FZ6R either... My wife has one (lowered) and my friend who's 6'3" also has one. (both are 2009 models). I really do like riding it. Its a little down on hp's but feels like it has a nice line of torque and a beautifully smooth running engine..
You also downgrade forks, brakes, and a little comfort over the FZ6.. But they can be had for quite cheap.

If I were buying and wanted to pick a 600-I4 Fz model, 1st pick would be an FZ6-S2, then an FZ6R, then an FZ6-S1.