Thumbs Up for Deltran (Battery Tender)

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Two years ago I purchased a Deltran Battery Tender LiFePo4 battery for a project bike. I completed the project in 2017 to the point of being able to ride the bike a few times, and then I put the project aside because there were a number of issues to resolve and I didn't have the time or money to commit to the bike. Last month I decided to finish the project. Unfortunately I never prepared the bike to be parked for two years and as a result my Lithium battery was showing 0.0VDC (there is a mV draw from the keep alive in the Speedwell instrument cluster). It was quite dead. Dropping into a low voltage condition (below 8VDC for a long period of time) for a lithium battery is unrecoverable, but I decided to reach out to Deltran to see if they had any suggestions to revive the battery.

The tech support person confirmed my fear that the battery was junk...but then said "we have a 3-year warranty on the battery, so of you have a receipt I can replace the battery". Guess what, I had a receipt (on-line purchase with a company that keeps a history), and now I have a new battery. I read the warranty terms of the battery - this was not a covered event - but they volunteered to support the customer. The communication from Deltran was immediate. What a great company.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Two years ago I purchased a Deltran Battery Tender LiFePo4 battery for a project bike. I completed the project in 2017 to the point of being able to ride the bike a few times, and then I put the project aside because there were a number of issues to resolve and I didn't have the time or money to commit to the bike. Last month I decided to finish the project. Unfortunately I never prepared the bike to be parked for two years and as a result my Lithium battery was showing 0.0VDC (there is a mV draw from the keep alive in the Speedwell instrument cluster). It was quite dead. Dropping into a low voltage condition (below 8VDC for a long period of time) for a lithium battery is unrecoverable, but I decided to reach out to Deltran to see if they had any suggestions to revive the battery.

The tech support person confirmed my fear that the battery was junk...but then said "we have a 3-year warranty on the battery, so of you have a receipt I can replace the battery". Guess what, I had a receipt (on-line purchase with a company that keeps a history), and now I have a new battery. I read the warranty terms of the battery - this was not a covered event - but they volunteered to support the customer. The communication from Deltran was immediate. What a great company.
Nice Gary. I am a firm believer in 'catching people doing things right' and when it comes to companies, this can be few and far between. Good to see a customer service department be an advocate for the customer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk