Tip needed - removing motovation fork sliders

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys
so this is a reasonably minor issue, but it has me stumped for the moment and any help would be appreciated.

I'm in the process of removing front wheel and can't get my motovation fork sliders off.
One slider bolts on to the through axle rod and slides through the axle and the other slider bolts on to the other side. My problem is that only the slider on the side where it slides in comes loose while the one on the other side (where the rod can't slide out) sits stuck.
So, how do I get the bolt that's not loose loose? Or will the axle come out even with the rod in place (ie. does it even matter?)

thanks.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled up a picture of the sliders, it looks like it might be wedged in the axle. You might try to give it a whack with a rubber mallet or a dead blow.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have them and you need to get a socket on each end and just unscrew one side all the way. The screw is full length so just pull it out and good to go. Should be a piece of cake.

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them and you need to get a socket on each end and just unscrew one side all the way. The screw is full length so just pull it out and good to go. Should be a piece of cake.

thing is you can only pull them out on one side because of the axle size...
anyway got it by retightening everything somewhat harder than it was and adding some loctite to the mix and finally got the left side one unscrewed

thanks a lot guys!! :thumbup:

(PS also now have a completely rebuilt front brake too and ooh the luxury of three or more full turns instead of a half!)