Top Sellerie Seat

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my Top Sellerie seat in the mail earlier this week. Awesome seat! I wanted to ride on it for a bit before I posted, so I can give a good review. I've heard some bad things about the company and shipping, but I only had good experiences with them. I originally ordered one of their seats that 'in stock' to save a little money. They contacted me within a day to tell me that considering my size (6'3'' and 250) I should order the 'long' seat instead of the standard, which of course would cost a little more. Including shipping the cost would be about 400 bucks for it. I decided to go ahead an do it, and they said it would take an 7-10 days to make. A week went by, and they sent me the tracking number.

It took about a week total for the shipping, and I got it on Tuesday of this week. Overall looks is a 10/10. Construction looks great, and the seat is totally flawless. It also fits right up against the tank. The stock seat had a little space in between, so this looks much better. I opted to buy a seat pan from them, instead of messing around with the shipping of my old seat. First few rides around town, I noticed instant comfort. It's much softer than the stock seat, and it doesn't have those 'ridges' that dig into the inner part of your legs. Plus it doesn't shove you right up against the tank, as the stock seat did for me.

I rode about 3 hours today and noticed it wasn't as perfect as I had hoped. First of all it sits me a little lower than the stock seat, so at my height the foot positioning was a little different. Not so much that I even noticed until after a couple hours of riding. My main issue with this is now my Icon Super Duty 4 boots don't feel as comfortable anymore and the buckle was digging into the top part of my ankle. So now I'm looking for new touring style boots, which I posted in the 'safety equipment' section...lol.

With the stock seat, I would start to feel discomfort at around 45 minutes and after an hour and a half, it would start to get painful. With the TS seat, I start to feel some discomfort after about an hour and a half, and after my 3 hour ride, I was pretty uncomfortable. It was a different kind of discomfort though. On the stock, my butt, my legs, and my 'stuff' would all feel discomfort, while now it was mostly in the tailbone section. Maybe I'm sitting too far back and the 'backrest' is pushing into me. I'll have to mess around with my seating position and see if it helps. Another noticeable thing, is that with the stock seat I felt sore for hours after the ride. A couple hours after my ride today, and I felt fine.

So overall I still love this seat. It is completely different, so I figure I'll have to make a couple changes with my boots and seating position to make it more comfortable. I was also thinking that if I lost 50 pounds, it my help out my ass even more...lol.

Here are some pics of new seat:

20120804_010358.jpg

20120804_010323.jpg

Looks and fits great with my Kriega bag!
20120803_004106.jpg

Last edited: