Top Speed???

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Top Speed

Just topped the 100 mph mark for the first time this morning on my way to work. Had a guy on a sportbike pull up next to me and we rode down the highway for a few miles, he then took off doing a wheelie at 80-90 mph. I let him get a little way ahead of me and figured if he could do that and not see any flashing lights I could open it up a bit and ended up going about 110mph for a short time.

rvbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: how fast can you go

A strange thing happens, every time I get to 80 mph my seat gets wet:eek: making it very uncomfortable:Flash: so I try to limit my speed to below that.:rockon:

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site

Made it to 127 today on the highway (great visibility on a straightaway) before I saw traffic a few miles ahead and slowed it down. As soon as I broke 100 I became a little uncomfortable, so I probably won't push it like that again for a while.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site

got mine to 142 racing some guy on a liter bike....good thing for both of us i glanced down at this long on ramp we were passing at warp speed to make sure it was clear, cuz there was a cop getting on the freeway! :eek: So I shut it down in a hurry, got his attention and he followed suit, so by the time the cop got on we were back down to 75 in a 70 :Flip::rockon:

Scott64a

Reaction score
Visit site

I've seen 127MPh on my '07, and if there wasn't any traffic ahead I would have pushed it some. It was certainly fast enough, 100 doesn't even Faze me anymore, lol

Great bikes!

wayne 3

Reaction score
Visit site

i had it up to 144on my 06, it would go more if i went into red line, and had some bigger marbles, but there growing!

Sqrly

Reaction score
Visit site

Ok, Im not on an FZ, but had my CBR to 168mph indicated. My buddy on a GSXR1000 past me at 183mph indicated on his. Yeah I know...:spank: me. In the illustrious words of the Human Torch, "Flame-On"!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

240kmph or 150mph wind assisted.....I just had to know:rolleyes:....Only one directional road with no intersections and well fenced with emergency lanes both sides and no traffic.....yeah I know:spank::spank: It was really scarey/fun though:eek::rockon::eek::rockon:.

D

D-Rock

had mine to 144mph... I knew a guy that said his FZ6 hit 168mph and that is all it would go... I'll stick to 144mph for now.:thumbup:

imusuallyuseless

Reaction score
Visit site

Mine wasn't too smart.

from: 29.489965,-98.577576 to: 29.319781,-98.507023 - Google Maps

Posted limit was between 60-65MPH, but I was really wanted to get home ASAP. Was doing a minimum of 90 for the majority of the trip, but speedo read a max of 142MPH as I started getting closer to my house.

Not one of my better decisions: riding home(in scrubs) @2AM after clocking 21hrs. at work. Half asleep, poor visibility & other vehicles on the rode... :spank:

Last edited: