TownsendsFJR1300 Awesome Seller

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a fuel tank for a blue 2007 fz6 from TownsendsFJR1300 about 4 months ago and finally had the chance to inspect and install the tank today.

First the important points:

1) He provided good pictures of the tank before hand and gave a detailed description.
2) The tank was packed very well and shipped carefully.
3) The tank was better than described. Darn near perfect condition.

Now the details:

The world needs more sellers like this guy! He said there was a ding in the tank somewhere but I can't find it and neither can the other two people who've seen it. I'm sure it's probably there, just tiny. You'd have to be meticulous to find it. Other than that invisible ding the tank is perfect!

I can't stress enough that this tank is beautiful! Easily the best looking part on my bike. Looks like new. And I paid a lot less than the cost of a new tank. :thumbup:

Highly recommended seller!! Guy is trustworthy (I have evidence of that from past experiences) and pays it forward. Very knowledgeable / helpful with installation questions, too. I would go so far as to say that if you can buy it from TownsendsFJR1300 instead of a website you should. The guy knows the fz6, does a great job, and helps above and beyond the call.

:rockon:

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a fuel tank for a blue 2007 fz6 from TownsendsFJR1300 about 4 months ago and finally had the chance to inspect and install the tank today.

First the important points:

1) He provided good pictures of the tank before hand and gave a detailed description.
2) The tank was packed very well and shipped carefully.
3) The tank was better than described. Darn near perfect condition.

Now the details:

The world needs more sellers like this guy! He said there was a ding in the tank somewhere but I can't find it and neither can the other two people who've seen it. I'm sure it's probably there, just tiny. You'd have to be meticulous to find it. Other than that invisible ding the tank is perfect!

I can't stress enough that this tank is beautiful! Easily the best looking part on my bike. Looks like new. And I paid a lot less than the cost of a new tank. :thumbup:

Highly recommended seller!! Guy is trustworthy (I have evidence of that from past experiences) and pays it forward. Very knowledgeable / helpful with installation questions, too. I would go so far as to say that if you can buy it from TownsendsFJR1300 instead of a website you should. The guy knows the fz6, does a great job, and helps above and beyond the call.

:rockon:

Agreed! Extremely knowledgeable and friendly guy. I bought his helmet lock bracket and got off topic into other mods I was looking into and he was very helpful. :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Geez, with that kind of review, you got anything else to sell Scott?

For the FZ6 I designed and manufacture helmet lock brackets for all year FZ's (clamps to the right side, both S1 and S2). You use a Yamaha lock assembly(NOT included), re-key it to fit your ignition and you have one key for the bikes lock/ignition; "AGF" put one on his bike;

The kit;

Available in black or frame matching silver;

A couple of radiator/fan guards left that bolt under the radiator for the FZ;

I also designed and manufacture helmet lock brackets for all year FJR's, certain BMW's, Kawasaki Concours, 1100 Monster and have a distributor in NC for the BMW brackets. Those are listed under "Easy Helmet locks"(several different designs); The Easy Helmet Lock for the BMW K1300S, K1200S, K1300R, K1200R, & R Sport (shown at that link is a K1200 and the new K1600

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still loving my extra helmet lock, it makes riding two up so much easier, no more cables and combination caribiner locks on the mirrors etc

good little mod with a big advantage

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
For the FZ6 I designed and manufacture helmet lock brackets for all year FZ's (clamps to the right side, both S1 and S2). You use a Yamaha lock assembly(NOT included), re-key it to fit your ignition and you have one key for the bikes lock/ignition; "AGF" put one on his bike;

The kit;

Available in black or frame matching silver;

A couple of radiator/fan guards left that bolt under the radiator for the FZ;

I also designed and manufacture helmet lock brackets for all year FJR's, certain BMW's, Kawasaki Concours, 1100 Monster and have a distributor in NC for the BMW brackets. Those are listed under "Easy Helmet locks"(several different designs); The Easy Helmet Lock for the BMW K1300S, K1200S, K1300R, K1200R, & R Sport (shown at that link is a K1200 and the new K1600

Wish my 09 had one.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Even if I had a lock, I will always take my helmet with me. My helmet is just too important for me to leave it behind unnatended, and it's expensive. It's no different leaving something that's worth $600 behind inside your locked vehicle in plain view. And for those states that have a helmet law, in the event your helmet was stolen, your bike has essentially been disabled since you cannot legally ride.

But for those who likes and use helmet locks, nice add on feature for the late model bikes.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wish my 09 had one.

The above fits ALL year S1 and S2 bikes. Your simply adding another Yamaha lock to the RIGHT SIDE of the bike.

VEGASRIDER;
The helmet lock bracket/locks are very popular in the ST world as the FJR and most BMW's don't have them. When the guys are riding cross country, their not wasting space in thier hard bags for a helmet.

Personally, I just use it while stepping into a store, out for dinner, etc. An overnight trip, its NOT staying outside..

In the 11 years I've been making them, non (at least on the forums) have yet to have one stolen. If you cut the chin strap, yes your helmet is gone BUT its also very useless with no strap...

As a side note, the Yamaha lock assembly, with the SAME OFFSET KEY as the FZ (so it can be re-keyed) is; 26H-21308-01-00

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
The above fits ALL year S1 and S2 bikes. Your simply adding another Yamaha lock to the RIGHT SIDE of the bike.

VEGASRIDER;
The helmet lock bracket/locks are very popular in the ST world as the FJR and most BMW's don't have them. When the guys are riding cross country, their not wasting space in thier hard bags for a helmet.

Personally, I just use it while stepping into a store, out for dinner, etc. An overnight trip, its NOT staying outside..

In the 11 years I've been making them, non (at least on the forums) have yet to have one stolen. If you cut the chin strap, yes your helmet is gone BUT its also very useless with no strap...

As a side note, the Yamaha lock assembly, with the SAME OFFSET KEY as the FZ (so it can be re-keyed) is; 26H-21308-01-00

My fz09 has no lock at all :$

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My fz09 has no lock at all :$

Just saw this re the FZ09.

Is this part of the frame (circled in white), where the pillion peg bolts to, is it flat?

If so, a "plate" can be made to fit in-between the frame and peg assembly sticking out just enough for the lock assembly.

Same idea as this BMW GT. But your's would have TWO bolts holding the plate, one bolt for the lock...

Similar set up as my RIGHT SIDE SECOND helmet lock. The "plate" is situated between the frame and peg.

Double click to enlarge

Last edited: