Triumph Street Triple R Announced

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I remember seeing a sneak preview of this a few weeks ago and thinking :drool::sinister:

The only thing I don't like about it is the headlights. I'd probably swap that out for something more modern looking like the FZ1/FZ6 naked headlight style headlight.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha should do a limited run version of the Naked FZ6, with decent adjustable suspension, etc.

Every time i see the Triumph naked's, i think this. I reckon an FZ6 with all the trick bits would leave the Triumph for dead...that FZ6 engine is a ripper!

:rockon:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha should do a limited run version of the Naked FZ6, with decent adjustable suspension, etc.

Every time i see the Triumph naked's, i think this. I reckon an FZ6 with all the trick bits would leave the Triumph for dead...that FZ6 engine is a ripper!

That would be sick. A true naked FZ6 with all R6 bits: suspension, motor, brakes, etc.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be sick. A true naked FZ6 with all R6 bits: suspension, motor, brakes, etc.

Yes it would...and it would save us that like Yam's, and the FZ6 riding position, who it would save a lot of money & trouble modding their bike's to get this bike!

The FZ-R6?

hoser183

Member Minimus
Reaction score
www.reflectiveessence.com
I remember seeing a sneak preview of this a few weeks ago and thinking :drool::sinister:

The only thing I don't like about it is the headlights. I'd probably swap that out for something more modern looking like the FZ1/FZ6 naked headlight style headlight.:thumbup:

Agreed! I love everything but the front headlight. I am partial to a more modern look up front.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it would...and it would save us that like Yam's, and the FZ6 riding position, who it would save a lot of money & trouble modding their bike's to get this bike!

The FZ-R6?

I hear a petition to Yamaha starting for all those who would be in favor of this. Screw the FZ6R... hello FZR6!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think when the poll is done, we sholud print and send it to Yamaha...you never know...power of the people sometimes works over crap market research!

Re the comments about the Triumph triple's...yes they are a mighty engine too, but i still think the might of Yamaha, if they got serious about the FZ6, could produce a real winner...Yamaha are like Honda, too corporate (safe) for their own good from time to time...hence why Ducati kicks their arse on regular occasion, as they, and makes like triumph dare to be different as they target niche markets so well, as it is in there best interests as relatively small volume manufacturers.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That bike, and its big brother, make me drool. I like the headlights. I would consider selling my fz6 for either one of those... Though, on the other hand, I'm old enough that I kinda like the little bit of wind protection I get on this bike. Of course, I guess that I could justify owning two motos... Decisions, decisions.