TS Seat Owners

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

My my belated birthday present just arrived from France, and I could use a little help determining if it is correct.

I ordered a "long" TS seat for my 09 Fz6. The one that arrived seems to be either a "short" or "regular" seat.

Could anyone mimic the measurement in the picture below (regardless of shape option) and report back the results? Just trying to determine if there was an actual mistake made or not. I think mine measures about 15in/38cm.

Everything else appears to be as ordered, but I loathe the thought of having to send it back and deal with that hassle. :mad:

As always, thanks for the help!

Scorpio

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you tried it on the bike yet? It might actually fit and be REALLY comfortable. You might be worried for no reason. Can't help with measurements as the only TS seat we have at home at the moment is on the XJR1300

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you tried it on the bike yet? It might actually fit and be REALLY comfortable. You might be worried for no reason. Can't help with measurements as the only TS seat we have at home at the moment is on the XJR1300
I m almost certain I'm worried for no reason. :)

I tried it on the bike (just in garage) and the backrest seemed a little profound and snug. Then I looked side by side and it appears a tighter fit than stock.

Maybe I just need miles on it but wanted to be sure before using and abusing.

:)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mikes TS - rode from Adelaide to Melbourne around Tasmania and back. That's a LONG way. Didn't complain about his bum once :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just measured mine, it comes in at 14 inches. Don't have time for a picture right now but i can get you one later if you need it.

Thanks!

Is yours the "regular"?

No picture needed.

So 14 to the top of the backside from the front like in my pic? If mine is fifteen (assuming I didn't have to much Ben in the tape) I guess that is about right as an inch is around 2.5cm.

Thanks again for taking the time. Really appreciate it.

Scorpio

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your TS seat looks exactly like mine and I love it. Super comfortable on short or long rides. Well worth the money by far. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'll give it a 3 thumbs up it's that good. No comparison to the stock one. You probably will have to use the latch plate from the stock seat and put it on the new one. They are great. Two years on mine and still looks new. :rockon:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your TS seat looks exactly like mine and I love it. Super comfortable on short or long rides. Well worth the money by far. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'll give it a 3 thumbs up it's that good. No comparison to the stock one. You probably will have to use the latch plate from the stock seat and put it on the new one. They are great. Two years on mine and still looks new. :rockon:

Well that is good to hear!

Yours long or standard? ;)

Scorpio

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I m almost certain I'm worried for no reason. :)

I tried it on the bike (just in garage) and the backrest seemed a little profound and snug. Then I looked side by side and it appears a tighter fit than stock.

Maybe I just need miles on it but wanted to be sure before using and abusing.

Depends on how big your butt is. :)
Are you sliding forward? The seat kind of moves you forward, so that should help.
I wouldnt be surprised if TS screwed this up.
If you paid by credit card you could make a dispute or something....

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You raised my curiosity, so I went out and measured mine. From where you measured, mine is 12"
total seat length is 26"
hope that puts your mind at ease a bit :)

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You raised my curiosity, so I went out and measured mine. From where you measured, mine is 12"
total seat length is 26"
hope that puts your mind at ease a bit :)

I love you

I assume yours is "standard" length?

Last edited:

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep mine is a regular...

No word back yet from the company regarding the actual measurements they use.

If that is a regular, mine might be as my initial measurement looks like it has slack in the tape and could be closer to 14 in. My concern is that their terms of sale says seven days and after that it is considered "accepted goods" and I'd have I pay return shipping.

Any "long" shapes out there that can be measured for comparison.

Scorpio

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update:

Heard back from TS:

"Hello,

We have checked the dimensions and with the long version, it should measure about 35 to 36 cm from the front of the seat to the base of the backrest.

Best regards,

Top Sellerie"

So, it looks like they messed up my order as mine is about 32.5 based on that measurement.

I emailed back, we will see what happens. Hope this isn't another TS customer service issue! :)

Scorp