Two way radios

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings, do any of you blokes and babes use 2 way radios in your helmets to talk to each other when riding in groups?
Some of my mates have them and I originally thought it would be uncomfortable and a bit 'old school' however am starting to change my mind.
Why.
They reckon on certain channels you can talk to truckers and these dudes let you know when the speed police are about.
any thoughts.
Horrace Rumpole

I wrote this in the other thread :BLAA: :

I found it to be a very useful device. Here is an example why: when I lived in Florida (Tampa Bay area), there was a crazy a$$ driver in a dark green camaro driving fairly reckless and barreling up behind me. I was able to avert him and keep from getting run over. I radioed up ahead to my buddy and warned him about this crazy driver. He was also able to avoid this guy.

We use the radios and love them. We use them on group rides and it works good to avoid as stated before other drivers, animals in the road, gravel or any other problem. I have speakers in my helmet and the radios are in the tank bag. I have a button on the handle bar that I hit to talk.

I know a few that use the Scala Cardo sets, fit brilliantly inside the helmet, with bluetooth connection to your phone if you want, also has an FM radio tuner in it for those times when no-ones chatting.

:rockon:

Love my Scala Rider!

X3. Bought them for me and my g/f but I bout each of us I bought the Scala Rider Q2's They have fm radio & bluetooth for up to 3 different items i believe i have it linked to my phone and my ipod. When i get the new gps mount for my gps I will have that linked as well. they work great! Only problem I have is, I use a modular that is a little noisy and I can't hear the lady when i try to voice dial but that is the only negative!

Back