Upgrade grips or Grip puppies

Sorry to bump this up again, but no feedback regarding my grip puppies to my earlier question. I put then on little over a week ago but they still "move" around my stock grips, to put them on I cleaned the grips, used liquid soap and slid them on, I figured within a day or 2 they would hold tightly to the grips, but they don't. Is this how they usually tend to be or did some of you do something different to make them "stick?"

Thanks.

you must have ordered the large ones instead of the small. mine are very tight on my grips and work great.

you must have ordered the large ones instead of the small. mine are very tight on my grips and work great.

I made sure to order the small and it said small on the receipt/packaging, it definitely took effort to put them on a whole lotta twisting and pushing to get them on. I did not have to cut them either to make the fit, just that they aren't "sticking" to the grips.

hate to say it, but probably because you used soap.. i dunno why they tell you to use soap.. there is a much easier way to get them on.. just roll them up... honestly i would probably take them off, clean the grip and grip puppies, and dont use soap the next time.. good luck...

Well update! I ordered grip puppies, and while they do not look as good as I would like, they work great! Almost all the vibes are gone and my hands last much longer before fatigue!

To anyone else here you really do HAVE to use soap, I used some dish soap in a bottle and just put a line down the inside of a moistened grip puppy and the sort of screwed them counter clockwise on left and clockwise on right while pushing them up the handlebar.

If you get it nice and snug on there you can push it up the flared edge of the grip when wet so you don't have to trim any excess off!:eek:

Anyone unsure of getting this, don't worry, you will not be disappointed!:Flash:

Back