vacation ideas

tum226

Reaction score
www.rollahome.com
So my wife and I are looking at places to go for vacation. Last year we went to secrets silversands in the riviera maya area which was great. two years ago we went to couples negril in jamaica which was even better. Anyone have any places they would recommend? We are considering anywhere in the Caribbean or mexico that is all-inclusive.

Any input would be great.

Thanks,

Trent

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got back from Punta Cana today and I loved it. I was quiet not all party animals and the beaches where the best. We stayed at the Grand Oasis but there are a bunch of resorts and I'm sure they are all decent.
I read up on trip advisor a lot.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been to Negril and had an amazing time, and Atlantis is very nice too. Cruise deals are getting pretty cheap but personally they aren't my thing. Jaco, CR is a gorgeous area and inexpensive, very native. You're looking for a more touristy resort though right? If you find any great deals please share them with us. Good luck.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Go cruising! My favorite vacation of all time is still the trip my parents took my brother and I on before we all grew up and moved out. I was 19, I can't even imagine how much better it would have been if I had been of drinking/gambling age. Just plan on gaining about 20 pounds 'cause all they do is feed you, and the food is awesome!

There are so many cruise deals out there, and you can often get package prices with hotels at the beginning/end of your voyage if you look in the right places.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Being an avid traveler it seems I have been almost everywhere... and I never had such a great trip as when i went to Europe. London, Germany...but the most amazing city to me was Paris. I think that with flights to Europe so low it would be foolish not to take a trip there. I stayed at the Hotel Esmerelda near the Church or Notre Dame. I walked for hours and wasn't even tired. I went off the standard tourist routed into the neighborhoods where the cobblestone streets and eateries are the best places to go. Paris is someplace everyone needs to go at least once in their lives.

tum226

Reaction score
www.rollahome.com
Thanks everyone for the great ideas. Tripadvisor is great for people opinions but you have to have a curtain resort in mind to look up and read reviews.

Never thought much about europe but will definitely check into it.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Venice, Verona and Lake Garda in Italy. All reasonably close together and all different. Hire a car and wander around. Do it all yourself online and forget the travel companies. I never use them. Fantastic holiday last year.

Steve

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got back from Punta Cana today and I loved it. I was quiet not all party animals and the beaches where the best. We stayed at the Grand Oasis but there are a bunch of resorts and I'm sure they are all decent.
I read up on trip advisor a lot.

I second the Dominican Republic, http://www.paradisuspuntacana.travel/ was all inclusive, five different types of restaurants, swim up bar where you could get food, drinks, cigs, take back to the room items...everything. Outstanding beaches, comfortable rooms.