Valve (?) noise/Chicago Area

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This is abstract but you could use some putty and place a big blob on the engine block and shove one of those mechanics stethoscopes into the blob and ride it. Maybe with some tape hold it in place?

I've put 400 miles on my used bike; I think I'll just go with the theory run er till she blows! Mind you I am seriously anal about noises and things that go BOOM between my legs so its not like me to ignore it either. I do think it makes a lot of bizzare noises tho! I'll cut the next filter apart, if all I find is clutch dust, fine by me!

A long screw driver to the ear and move it all about the engine or a mechanics stethoscope are worth every penny as you can pinpoint sounds and eliminate what it isn't hopefully leaving what it is, "normal!"

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought I would update this thread with a sound file just for comparison. I've been using my BT Interphone and listening to my itunes this season, so hadn't really heard this noise as much. However, went for a ride tonight and decided to pull over and record. Revved it up to 6k in neutral starting on the right side about a foot away from the top end, then moved to left side.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4kxtlckheel7v9/6K%20RT%20Side%20LT%20side%20.mp3

Wish I could post it so you could play from the link with dl'ing.

Scorp

Last edited: