Very short impromptu ride today

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
I met ChevyFazer and gtpaddict for a very short ride today.

I clocked 152 miles total for the day and my rear tire is totally slick now. New tire will be here on Tuesday.

gtpaddict found some gravel on Richard Russell and slide off the road. No injuries. His Fazer suffered some scratches and some cracked plastic.

There was a LOT of traffic in Helen. We could have walked through town faster. The pirates were lane splitting. Guess they couldn't handle the heat.

We passed a Helen cop that was drop down gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off of her as she slowly passed us going the other way. She looked into my eyes and smiled. We made eye contact again through her side mirror and she was still smiling. I hope she took that as a compliment...I'm just say'n...

All in all, a good afternoon ride except for gtpaddicts slide off-road.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
yup short and sweet....thats what she said:D but i added a total of 247 miles of good hard seat time to the fz even though gtp went down at only 20mph i bet he will feel it in the morning, i hate it for him just getting the bike and all but im sure he will get it fixed back up

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Oh well, sh!t happens right? Got the lower fairing off, the rest doesn't look nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Gonna be about 160 for the generator cover, left visor panel, and left inner panel. Other then my right hand hurting I feel fine. Had a good time (until then) meeting and riding with y'all!

BTW, here's a few pics of the bike...

Last edited:

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
For anyone interested, I rode out to where I had the little spill mentioned above to take some pics and just ride around a bit. They have been paving this road in places since 2 weeks ago, so be careful now even more then before. None of that new black top was there last time we I went through. Here are a few pics...

100_7115.JPG shows a pic of the fairing still laying in the grass (with a blue circle). I went down about 20 feet behind where the bike is parked in the 2nd pic.

I have everything ordered, so the bike should be like new again by the end of next weekend :rockon:

Last edited:

Caesar

Reaction score
Visit site
damn i didnt know there were so many riders that close to me. do you guys ever go to any bike nights around the Mall of GA? I'm at hooter bike night (hwy 120 & 316) most tuesdays and Tilted kilts on thursdays

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
For anyone interested, I rode out to where I had the little spill mentioned above to take some pics and just ride around a bit. They have been paving this road in places since 2 weeks ago, so be careful now even more then before. Here are a few pics...

100_7115.JPG shows a pic of the fairing still laying in the grass. I went down about 10 feet behind where the bike is parked in the pics.

I have everything ordered, so the bike should be like new again by the end of next weekend :rockon:

Hey, that's good to hear.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
I believe Rodney (Mr_McBride) goes to the tilted kilt, but I don't. Between work and my family, I don't really have time to do much else :) 2 weekends ago was the first time I met up with anyone for a ride.

Thanks Rodney! Sorry to hear about your big ride getting rained out Saturday, that would have been fun!

Mr_McBride

The Cartographer
Reaction score
Visit site
I believe Rodney (Mr_McBride) goes to the tilted kilt, but I don't. Between work and my family, I don't really have time to do much else :) 2 weekends ago was the first time I met up with anyone for a ride.

Thanks Rodney! Sorry to hear about your big ride getting rained out Saturday, that would have been fun!

I wished I could find a bike night to attend. I'm busy on Thursday nights so I don't get to make it out...sad thing is I could walk to the Tilted Kilt.