Warranty / Registration Dilemma.

mred

Born again biker!
Reaction score
www.steveszone.co.uk
I bought my Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2 in July 2009. After six weeks I had to get the six week / 600 mile (whichever came first) courtesy service which was basically an oil change and a few other minor adjustments which still cost me £68 for parts but the labour was free, fair enough I guess.

The bike was a shop pre-registered 2009 model which was registered in March 2009 by the shop where I purchased the bike so although it had zero mileage on the clock it was still classed as second hand. As a result of this I could not get the three year interest free Yamaha deal as that only applied to brand new bikes.

OK here is my dilemma.
To keep the warranty valid should I have got the first annual service done in March when it was shop registered, (which has now passed) or in July a year from the date that I purchased it.
I am thinking July because it will be a year from the purchase date and it was technically brand new even though I am the second registered owner.
Bearing in mind the shop should have done the six week / 600 mile (whichever came first) courtesy service during the time it was stored there, (six weeks from the March registration) but I had to have that done from the time of my purchase, (July).
I also had to foot the £68 bill for parts so the way I look at it is that technically the date for the warranty started from the date of purchase!
I don’t plan on claiming on the warranty but you never know what could happen down the road and I am a bit unclear as to where I stand with regards to the service dates.
For the record the shop where I purchased the bike have been no help at all they said to take it up with Yamaha!

Any thoughts on the subject welcome!

Mr Ed.