Watch your mirrors!!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
thats the only thought that scares me about riding, especially at night and early morning. ive come pretty close to someone nailing me in the rear (no pun intended) when i was less than a 1/4 mile from my work, i was stoped in the middle of a busy 4 lane road trying to turn left (no turning lane plus it was right over a crest of a hill) while i was waiting to turn several cars and trucks changed lanes at the last minute but i kept checking my mirrors because i hate this spot, and i saw a cars headlights not to far away from me diving down and herd tires skiding. i twisted it back and just about poped the clutch doing 2 consecutive wheelies unintentionaly trying to get out of her way. luckily the car missed me by about a foot and guess what i saw sliding on the asphalt...a cell phone...most likely hers.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HATE to see that! :(
Best thing you can do when you come to a stop (besides obviously being in 1st gear) is position yourself to point directly at your escape path, so if you have to get out of the way there's no need to do any steering.
Having said that, it would still be difficult to get out of some of these situations. Definitely have to watch your mirrors because if the cager who's about to rear-end you never sees you.. there will be no screeching tires :(

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I know how ya feel. When I stop in traffock I always point my bike away from the vehicle in front of me just incase some re re does hit me I don't eat the back glass of the people infront of me. That would be a metal and glass sandwich I don't want shoved down my throat lol.