weird idea for GIVI luggage trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well, not the luggage itself but the locks.

I bought a set of V35's and a E52. It irritates me that I have to carry two keys around. True, I could buy a whole set of new lock cylinders from some GIVI dealer for about $30 + shipping.... but I thought maybe some other people on the board would be in a similar issue.

Maybe we could trade cylinders with each other and end up with a set. Or if someone out there had one or 2 cylinders someone else needed but didn't need the set of 3 they could just swap out the 2... does that make sense?

Anyway, I have 2 cylinders with key code 304 (they're stamped on the lock cylinders and on the keys themselves)

as well as 1 286. What key codes do you other GIVI owners have?

Anyone with 1 304 they could part with or 2 286's they would swap out?

thanks, dave

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like you, I must carry around 2 keys...so just checked, but no joy, no match. Good idea, though.

What key codes do you have? Maybe someone else needs them that may have something I need? Long shot but maybe just maybe....

$30 isn't any big deal but I hate not using something that works otherwise

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dunno if its such a good idea to publicly post key codes.. just my 2 cents..

That's a good point. Maybe if this were in the members only section.

I have no fear of any of the fz6 forum members. random lurkers on the internet... who knows. of course they don't have any idea where they bike would be.... and even if they did they could get the key code off the face of the lock. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.