western WA riders- where you at?

OLYpilot510

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all- I'm hoping to do a ride soon. I'm currently in the Persian Gulf, but headed home to Olympia in a couple weeks. I'd like to get a few folks together for a ride in mid/late June- maybe a Mt St Helens day trip or a run out to Whistlin' Jack's on the east side of Mt Rainier, or a trip out to the coast. I'm open to any & all suggestions. Just looking for an excuse to get out & twist the throttle, snap a few pics, grab a bite, & meet a few fellow forum members. Hit me up here, or at [email protected]
-Dean

Spideyrex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hey! I'm in Kirkland and it would be great to have a fun FZ6 group ride. Later in June should be great around either mountain. Are you thinking wekeend or midweek? I can only go on weekends (damn job!)

OLYpilot510

Reaction score
Visit site
Spidey- my schedule's pretty flexible between the 11th & 24th. If it's a weekend, then I'd prefer Saturday. After the 24th- work will dictate my free time for riding. If there's interest from more folks around Seattle (like yourself), then the route can be tailored to make it more convenient for the majority- maybe the Cascades Loop or something similar; I'm flexible. Just looking for a few fellow forum members to come out from hibernation & enjoy the roads of the PNW.
Cheers, Dean

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Seatac, always up for a ride. :) Headed to CA on the bike the 11th-14th but any weekend other than that Im pretty much free and out riding anyways

Last edited:

OLYpilot510

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone from around the Puget Sound (or beyond) available Monday? I'm looking at a trip from Olympia up to Hurricane Ridge (1st time). Looks like the weather will dry out by then.

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like it will be a great ride! I had a ride planned for yesterday to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, then continue to Stonehenge near Goldendale, WA, but I having back problems and it rained a lot. Most of my friends are fair weather riders.

Have fun, and look me up if you are in SW Washington.

OLYpilot510

Reaction score
Visit site
Discgolfdude-
We'll have to get together for a ride sometime. There's some great roads around your neighborhood. Last Monday, Mt St Helens was my alternative just in case the Hurricane Ridge trip didn't work out. I do like the roads around Mt Hood and all along the Columbia.

Sorry to hear about the back spasms!

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Discgolfdude-
We'll have to get together for a ride sometime. There's some great roads around your neighborhood. Last Monday, Mt St Helens was my alternative just in case the Hurricane Ridge trip didn't work out. I do like the roads around Mt Hood and all along the Columbia.

Sorry to hear about the back spasms!

My back is much better now :thumbup:, and yeah I went on a really fun ride last month to Astoria, all on back roads to Longview, then took hwy 4 to the Astoria bridge, then we came back on Hwy 202 to Hwy 47, then hwy 30 back to Longview, and more back roads to Vancouver. Hwy 47 speed limit was 35mph mostly, but has lots of 10-15mph turns, of course we took them faster!!

Last edited: