What a Squid!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have seen that before... what a tool

that bike has a nice growl to it too, sounds like 1000cc something or other...perfect thing to put someone on with the only instruction being about the stupid neutral light...

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Was that a squid, or an absolute beginner who hit the throttle instead of the brake? :confused:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well... if you try to start it when the light isn't on you will roll forward a lot... and that is the worst thing to worry about.

LOL....Its all pretty simple after that i think :D , could use that as a solution to all life's problems couldnt we , remember peoples DONT START ANYTHING IF THE LIGHTS NOT ON :thumbup:.....You have been warned :D

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
Well... if you try to start it when the light isn't on you will roll forward a lot....

:don'tknow:Ok I also noticed this statement during the video and something sounds REALLY wrong here.

For one if you try to start it while it's in gear thats all you will do is TRY to start it because every motorcycle I have owned you can not start it with it in gear, UNLESS you have the clutch pulled, then it will start. NOW how in the heck is going to roll forward alot if the clutch is pulled?

I hate to admit but I love videos like this :spank: I know its bad to say but I just love a good laugh.

Motorcycle = $7500
Broken leg,face,arm etc. = alot of pain, suffering, medical bills
When a :squid: is teaching a noob how to ride a bike = PRICELESS

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
Some people just arent meant to ride motorcycles, or drive anything with a motor. I tried to show my wife how to ride my dirtbike in the backyard. I spent 45min letting her know everything about the bike and letting her sit on it to show her the controls. (its only a 110cc mini bike) Even after all that she grabbed a handfull of throttle when it started to move and crashed it in the garage. The same thing happened with my cousin, i tried to show him and he ran into the fence on the back of my property. The funny thing is that he ran first gear, wide open, across 3 acres. He told me he didnt know how to make it stop. Even though i just showed him the brake, repeatedly.

Some people are just not meant to ride.

P.S. Sorry for the long and confusing story.:D

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
*WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG* Dude is there some bees nests in your back 40? Nope that's just cousin steve about to blow my motor...

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel sorry for him. He was just being a dork and when he took off panicked showing a lack of skill and experience. He learned his lesson the hard (and expensive) way.

Makes you think though - the amount of tax we pay on fuel, purchase, accessories etc etc shouldn't the government be investing in some kind of advertising campaign aimed at newer bikers telling them to gear up or get off. After all the UK government is the single largest spender on commercial advertising in the whole country. Surely a few millions stopping people being :squid:'s would be worth it's weight in gold in terms of lives saved an injuries reduced

TKarrade

Software Simian
Reaction score
www.playeralliance.com
Nowhere in the video does the instructor tell him how to use the brake. :spank:

It sounds like he had the clutch in... otherwise all that throttle would have shot him THROUGH the wall... I think he managed to hit the kill switch before he hit the wall at least. Not that it did him any good.

I blame the instructor for the bad lesson, and the rider for not taking a class and wearing a helmet.
-TK

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this before, but my question is why do it in a parking garage? And how can anyone freeze like that?

It is just like the video of the guy on the Harley that starts off in a parking lot, drives across a street into a wide open field with one big oak tree in the middle of it, at least a city block away, and proceeds to make a beeline for the tree and crashes into it?

How the heck does anyone do something like that? It's beyond me!