What do you have FZ6 or FZ6R?

What do you own? 04-06 FZ6,07-09 FZ6 S2, or 09-12 FZ6R

• Total voters

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I SOLD MY 07 FZ6 2 years ago....... so have alot of the long time members ,this forum is more like an extended family to alot of us.....as a matter of fact OUT of the pile of threads i have made over the years ... i have maybe 3 that were FZ6 related.THIS IS A COOL PLACE TO HANG OUT!!!!:rockon:

blackONblack

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 08 FZ6....X. This might be a stupid question, but how do I actually determine which model I have? Attached is the only picture I have so far, from my terrible cell phone picture in my parking garage. I've been waiting for better weather for a photo op.

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
You have an fz6. The fz6R is 2010 and newer

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
None of the above voting options ... i got a FZS 99 model ... unbelievable condition with all sorts extras bits ;)

2012-03-06-093.jpg

Now all i need is the pannier rack etc ... ok n some more petrol while i think about it :rolleyes:

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 08 FZ6....X. This might be a stupid question, but how do I actually determine which model I have? Attached is the only picture I have so far, from my terrible cell phone picture in my parking garage. I've been waiting for better weather for a photo op.

Like "PurpleZJ" & "arsity" said, you have the FZ6, more especially the "S2" model. The S2 was the only version sold in the U.S. in '08, but Europe had an S2 with ABS :cheer: & also a standard model that was detuned to 78 horsepower :spank: .

blackONblack

Reaction score
Visit site
Like "PurpleZJ" & "arsity" said, you have the FZ6, more especially the "S2" model. The S2 was the only version sold in the U.S. in '08, but Europe had an S2 with ABS :cheer: & also a standard model that was detuned to 78 horsepower :spank: .

Nice, thanks for the details. So the other threads I've browsed on here seem to indicate most of the recent models have around 90-95hp. Is that accurate for my year?

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's mine. 05 FZ6
57B8AE03-73E9-47BB-85B7-AF101271518C-3390-000003ECB9D1AA6C.jpg

I don't want to be a jerk.... But I think you are going to get tore appart here by posting a picture like that with you wearing shorts. I would agree with most of them that say ATGATT (all the gear all the time). Many would say that even jeans are not enough but I have been known to wear jeans.

Not trying to preach, but wearing gear really is important everytime we ride our bikes. take a few minutes tip search other threads about gear if you need some input about what gear you might want to get. I'm glad that you are wearing some gear at least!

blackONblack

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want to be a jerk.... But I think you are going to get tore appart here by posting a picture like that with you wearing shorts. I would agree with most of them that say ATGATT (all the gear all the time). Many would say that even jeans are not enough but I have been known to wear jeans.

Not trying to preach, but wearing gear really is important everytime we ride our bikes. take a few minutes tip search other threads about gear if you need some input about what gear you might want to get. I'm glad that you are wearing some gear at least!

I do notice that in online communities people do get torn apart for not wearing ATGATT. This happened a lot in the last forum I posted in for my Ninja 250 as well. While I never ride without at least a jacket, gloves, and helmet (I'll admit, sometimes my heavy boots or pants don't seem worth it on hot days or when I'm riding somewhere I can't change), I'm starting to think that the amount of gear someone wears is a personal choice.

I'm definitely not trying to start a big debate with you (I'd actually like to get into this in its own thread, because it's something I think about a lot), just opening it up for a little discussion. Everyone knows that every time we get on a motorcycle, we are putting ourselves at greater risk than if we were traveling by car. We attempt to minimize these risks. We accept them because motorcycling is our passion/joy/hobby/whatever. So how can we chastise others for something which might enhance their enjoyment of the sport? I don't know. At the same time I feel its a lot like wearing a seatbelt--at the end of the day, it is your choice, but how darn hard is it to buckle your seatbelt?!? In other word, why not do something simple that could save your butt in an emergency?

These are tough questions I ask myself all the time, and I'm still not sure how to answer them.

:hijack: oops. Hope I don't get a bad rep since I'm new at this board and am tending to go on tangents so far!