• other please explain

Votes: 16 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought about getting that transition shield but at $120 I decided to go with a dark one first. The shields are super easy to switch out. Used to wear sunglasses with the clear shield but wanted to ride without sunglasses. Now I ride with a dark shield and sunglasses. :p

Drop down internal shields are where it's at.

Sent from my iPhone

D

Dave.TX

The Scorpion EXO 1000 has one, when it's up it redirects the air from the top vents away from my head, when down changes the tone of the wind noise. It's not the most comfortable helmet, can use it for a few hours only. The Bell Vortex fits much better. And it looks much cooler. And flows air. Noisy, but not any different than the Scorpion.

fmf

Reaction score
Visit site
The Scorpion EXO 1000 has one, when it's up it redirects the air from the top vents away from my head, when down changes the tone of the wind noise. It's not the most comfortable helmet, can use it for a few hours only. The Bell Vortex fits much better. And it looks much cooler. And flows air. Noisy, but not any different than the Scorpion.

I found a closeout exo-1000 on sale for $139 and scooped it up. I had been looking for a comfortable helmet and had given up on finding one locally (they didn't have scorpion). I tried Shoei, HJC, Icon, Fly, and Joe rocket. I found a joe rocket that felt OK, but I didn't like the price for how it felt. Since nothing jumped out at me I ordered the exo online and WOW does it fit perfectly. It feels like it was custom formed for my head and I feel like I can wear it all day. Its almost like its made for the FZ6 seating position too because I find it to be a very quiet helmet when I'm cruising, if I tuck pretty hard it does get noisy though.

FAZ6R

RE Member The Member
Reaction score
Visit site
its good to see every 1 uses a helmet on a motorcycle, unlike these guys
they dont even wear clothes :eek:
what good will a gstring do for that girl when she needs a skin graft
may she could use them to hold the blankets off her sore skin:BLAA:

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
so nobody got a roof or givi or airoh
and every1 has got a lid
great poll
thanks to everybody who took part

Attachments

• roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 29
  • givi.jpg
    givi.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 33
  • airoh.jpg
    airoh.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 32

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
this is my nolan n102 lid and a few pics
i dont have the ncom communication system yet
can anybody tell me if its worth the huge price tag for the bluetooth version

Downs

Touring Jarhead
Reaction score
Visit site
so nobody got a roof or givi or airoh
and every1 has got a lid
great poll
thanks to everybody who took part

Those just aren't common brands in the States. Givi is only known for luggage here. Hell I had no idea they even made helmets. Roof is one I knew of but have yet to see a single one here in the States.

MiFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Scorpion EXO 1000 and I don't care for it at all. I get a hot spot on my forehead after an hour even though it's fitted correctly everywhere else. It's pretty noisy. I've already had to replace the quick release on the right side and the round covers are different than any other Scorpion helmet and a PITA to get. It showed up with a busted screw head jamming the internal sun visor. For what used to be their top of the line touringish helmet, I'm not impressed at all. I can't wait to find a place that sells Arai so I can find my size. I wish we had more places to shop in MI.

PY07FZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an Arai RX-Q in frost black. Upgraded from a Shoei RF 900. Love my Arai. It's very comfortable and quit. The only downside is the matte black gets marked up fairly easily.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Currently using a Shark Carbon Collection...

25jh66w.jpg

vinmansbrew

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a simple afx fx-90 lid. Very well built but it is kinda noisy on the fz but I think that is more from the windscreen blasting all the air into my upper chest and under my helmet.
Afx is a pretty decent brand really.

fyrebug

Reaction score
Visit site
Bell vortex. because of the transition shield. I don't like carrying a spare shield with me. love that it goes from clear to dark smoke like glasses. totally shocked more helmets don't have such useful technology.

probably upgrading to the bell star hess in carbon. love the look. overpriced.. but what a great design. shield will follow over to new helmet.