What mirrors do YOU have on your motorcycle?

What mirrors do you have on your FZ6?

• Stock

Votes: 170 75.6%
  • R6, 250r, or other motorcycle mirrors.

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Bar Ends

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • Pig Spotters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None, I turn my head

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 14 6.2%

• Total voters

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to post a poll for the general consensus on FZ6 mirror mods, or lack thereof. Just put some R6 mirrors on my bike and I've gotta say I like it so far. They are lower and further out than the stock ones, and they also look a lot sportier. :BLAA: Yamaha should be ashamed for putting bug antennae that only let the rider see their elbows. :spank:

Anywho, let the polls begin!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not concerned too much on looks, more on function. Awhile back, JBLK9695 made me some mirror spacers that extended them out about an inch. They work great and are an asset to the bike, no more having to tuck your elbows in or do the weave to see what is behind you. I can just shift my eyes.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not concerned too much on looks, more on function. Awhile back, JBLK9695 made me some mirror spacers that extended them out about an inch. They work great and are an asset to the bike, no more having to tuck your elbows in or do the weave to see what is behind you. I can just shift my eyes.

AHH! That's what I forgot to put as a option in the poll, was stock mirrors with spacers!

Yes, I think that the R6 mirrors eliminate a lot of that problem you are talking about as they are lower and further out, but whatever works. :thumbup:

Here are some pics of mine....

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Stock work fine for me and I'm not concerned with the looks enough to spend unnecessary cash.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is the link to the R6 mirrors on Amazon in case anyone likes them. It uses 2 bolts just like the stock ones, uses the same nuts as the stock ones too, just tighten em right on.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/2003-2009-Yamaha-2006-2008-Racing-Mirrors/dp/B006H81ZOY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3642NZ1BX1BU5&coliid=I1V1U5R6UCG8EE]Amazon.com: 2003-2009 Yamaha YZF R6 / YZF R6S 2006-2008 Black OEM Stock Style Racing Mirrors - Left & Right Set: Automotive[/ame]

n0other

biker wannabe
Reaction score
Visit site
Some aftermarket italian ones, sturdy, doesn't vibrate at speed and provide good view. Needed a new set after restoring the bike otherwise would probably have stocks (not the FZ6N chrome ones though!)

20130601_194129.jpg

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
upshiftoverdrive how is the visiability with the R6 mirrors? I wonder if having the stock mirrors higher work better for what the Fz was designed for?

I have thought about getting some mirrors with LED blinkers, I want to remove the stock blinkers and add flush LED blinkers. I thought having the mirror LED would help keep my visibility higher.

41H-%2BLGjhNL.jpg

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
upshiftoverdrive how is the visiability with the R6 mirrors? I wonder if having the stock mirrors higher work better for what the Fz was designed for?

The R6 mirrors visibility seems quite good. I've only had a chance to use them on a couple of short rides, but I can see a lot more than my elbows unlike the stock ones. Also the vibrations seem to be about the same or even less than the stock ones.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
AHH! That's what I forgot to put as a option in the poll, was stock mirrors with spacers!

Yes, I think that the R6 mirrors eliminate a lot of that problem you are talking about as they are lower and further out, but whatever works. :thumbup:

Here are some pics of mine....
Those look pretty good on the fz and the view seems good too!

paperpirate

Reaction score
Visit site
have stock at the moment but all i can see is my elibows. they need changing because they are scuffed up after a winter low speed drop and i know they are scuffed and it annoys me!

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
eBay bought ones.

They vibrate over 80mph but the different shape allows me to see more than my shoulders.

Those look good!

Little surprised on all of the stock mirror users out there, I always read about people having a problem only seeing their elbows, (Myself being one of them) so I kinda figured more people would have modded it.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the stock chromies on my fz6n and I put a 2" convex mirror into the rh one just to give a slighter better view, but I think and extension to move them up and out would be perfect.
If I could be sure that a mirror set was going to give a better view I'd consider swapping them out but I'm kinda happy without the expense

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up with some Rizoma bar ends. You can see all you want in them once you get used to the fisheye view. I did end up having to turn the stems the other way though.

rizomabar.jpg

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I have thought about getting some mirrors with LED blinkers, I want to remove the stock blinkers and add flush LED blinkers. I thought having the mirror LED would help keep my visibility higher.

41H-%2BLGjhNL.jpg

Some mirrors like those came on my bike. They tend to droop while riding. I don't know if that's a flaw in the design or if my poor bike was just beat to hell by the three or more previous owners.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm using the stock mirrors, and recently made that mirrors vice mirror. :rolleyes:

I also have the "elbow issue"; I just tuck them in a little bit when I'm looking back there.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure I'd want the mirrors sticking out anymore. I already have to fold mine in when filtering (lane-splitting) causes they are the same height as most car mirrors.