What's this hose for??

NCRider527

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, first off just wanted to say hello and thank y'all for having me here on the forum.

New FZ6 owner here, and after washing my bike today noticed this little tube/hose hanging out under the right side of the gas tank. Looks to have some sort of push fitting on the end, and the hose itself is a grey rubber type deal.

Anyway, I was hoping someone here could chime in and tell me if it should be plugged in somewhere, or if its a breather tube supposed to be there just hanging like it is. I tried researching it online, but could only find references to the the breather hoses more towards the bottom of the bike, and those are all much larger than this line.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and hope everyone has a great weekend!
IMG_8624.jpgIMG_8625.jpg

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
That’s one of the 4 hoses used to sync the throttle bodies. Plugged during normal use.

+1 ^^^^ and yours does have the factory, black plastic plug in it.

They'll be two on each side with one(each side) with a "pink stripe" around the end.
The stripe helps identify which cylinder it goes to when hooking up a sync tool..

And welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

NCRider527

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 ^^^^ and yours does have the factory, black plastic plug in it.

They'll be two on each side with one(each side) with a "pink stripe" around the end.
The stripe helps identify which cylinder it goes to when hooking up a sync tool..

And welcome to the forum!

Perfect, thanks to everyone for putting my mind at ease LOL.