Whats your Favorite Rock song's?

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh oh!!:eek: What are all those pretty colors!?!?! I'm having flash backs!!!

Trippy man!!!! :D:rockon:
LOL here you go Cliff you influenced this choice!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMhq1L0cJf0]Jimi Hendrix - The Star Spangled Banner (Live at Woodstock 1969) - YouTube[/ame]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL here you go Cliff you influenced this choice!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

And another thing! They say he played that right handed Stratocaster as left handed guitar player but I think he was really from Oz and just played upside down... :rockon::rockon: :BLAA:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
My all time favorite has to be Telegraph Road - Dire Straits. it embodies every aspect of Knopfler's technique and style with a guitar.:rockon: Not too over the top on the solo, but bad@ss none the less.:drool::drool::drool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8YxBH0ni8o&feature=related]Telegraph Road - Dire Straits (Alchemy Live @Hammersmith Odeon 1983) - YouTube[/ame]

The Sultans of Swing album plays it faster but Private Investigations lasts longer, so its a toss up as to which one i listen to.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My all time favorite has to be Telegraph Road - Dire Straits. it embodies every aspect of Knopfler's technique and style with a guitar.:rockon: Not too over the top on the solo, but bad@ss none the less.:drool::drool::drool:

Telegraph Road - Dire Straits (Alchemy Live @Hammersmith Odeon 1983) - YouTube

The Sultans of Swing album plays it faster but Private Investigations lasts longer, so its a toss up as to which one i listen to.

You can't really hear it in this live recording but Knopfler used to get this very unique and beautiful tone from his rig. He mixed the pickups with a knob on the guitar and when the tone got dirty it was unmatchable. Rich odd and even harmonics from the tubes. Just awesome tone!

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ever wonder if it's all for you? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIUwLfpufs0]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop Lyrics - YouTube[/ame] :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can't really hear it in this live recording but Knopfler used to get this very unique and beautiful tone from his rig. He mixed the pickups with a knob on the guitar and when the tone got dirty it was unmatchable. Rich odd and even harmonics from the tubes. Just awesome tone!

You sure about that Cliff ?? Or was it just some of those 70's herbs ;) :rof: :rof:

Seriously , I know what you mean mate because nobody can get 'that' Knopfler tone for a song like Brothers In Arms :rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And now , just because I love the song so much here it is :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb_Jzgnrpv8&feature=related]Dire Straits - BEST Brother In Arms LIVE - YouTube[/ame]

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Dire Straits :bow::bow::bow:

Alchemy Live is bloody awesome, love playing it in the car (the rare times I'm in it).

Telegraph Road, Tunnel of Love (with the looooong into) and Local Hero :rockon::bow: Best versions of all these pieces of music IMO are on Alchemy.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And while we are talking guitar.......... I know its country & some people dont like it but WOW this thing rocks & Brad can really play :rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUTEJMDCQI]Brad paisley - Eastwood featuring clint eastwood - YouTube[/ame]

C'mon , tell me that didnt get your feet tappin' :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And while we are talking guitar.......... I know its country & some people dont like it but WOW this thing rocks & Brad can really play :rockon:

C'mon , tell me that didnt get your feet tappin' :thumbup:

Sounds like a ClassicTelecaster sound and that peddle steel player is outrageous! :rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heard this song on the radio today for the 1st time in YEARS !!!! Now I cant stop singing it :D :rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utYjsmDzMi0]December by Collective Soul (lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up... Have anyone of you guys been listening to Porcupine Tree? What a great band. Absolutely awesome band if your into progressive. There kind of a floydish (melodic), creedish (shreddin), rush(progressive).:thumbup: they could take some time getting use to. But like a lot of progressive the songs are long. Also they have alot of songs. Deadwing is a great album to start out with. Anywho just my 2 cents.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up... Have anyone of you guys been listening to Porcupine Tree? What a great band. Absolutely awesome band if your into progressive. There kind of a floydish (melodic), creedish (shreddin), rush(progressive).:thumbup: they could take some time getting use to. But like a lot of progressive the songs are long. Also they have alot of songs. Deadwing is a great album to start out with. Anywho just my 2 cents.

Never heard of them but im going to check them out now :thumbup:

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
There you go. Check out, Up the downstairs, or Signify. Not all of there songs are awesome but there many songs. I've come to like probably over half there music. There known for having a "high production value" they also have a few collaborations with alternate artists. I probably have at least 70 of there songs on iPod.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know , sometimes when I see a performance like this I cant help but think the passing of Kurt is the best thing that ever happened to Dave :eek: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Dont tear me a new one , I love Nirvana but yeah , you know !!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPHzknP7jNQ&feature=BFa&list=FLGjUaYvrGcxPPDFppfdNgDA]Foo Fighters - These Days (Live on Letterman) - YouTube[/ame]

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The best EVER :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: That is all thanks for coming !!! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-3xT7CAMd0&list=FLGjUaYvrGcxPPDFppfdNgDA&index=7&feature=plpp_video"]Metallica Fade to Black HD - YouTube[/ame]