Whats your Favorite Rock song's?

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Flying Colors. This is another mish-mash of prog rockers (the usual morphing of this genre). Portnoy is from Dream Theater, Steve Morse from Dixie Dregs/Dregs and Kansas, I'm not familiar with the others.
I have FC's first album, it's good but I wasn't going to follow them any more; this tune has a FANTASTIC chord progression and I'm gonna have to pick up their sophomore disk, awesome! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Flying Colors - A Place in Your World - Official Music Video - YouTube

Okay, I've double-checked this post, and the video starts about 3/4's of the way through. Is everyone else getting this? What did I do wrong? :confused:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I've double-checked this post, and the video starts about 3/4's of the way through. Is everyone else getting this? What did I do wrong? :confused:

Fixed it... I went to it from who posted it and not a link which took me to the video and it worked... :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQmfWxGnCis"]Flying Colors - A Place in Your World - Official Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
In for a couple. :thumbup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaNkRBV3dUM"]Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Whatever Happened To My Rock 'N' Roll (Punk Song) (Official Video) HD - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn9C1vKd7Gc"]Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat the Devil's Tattoo - YouTube[/ame]

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOVE BRMC - Beat The Devil's Tattoo is a great song - I have the album.

Today, I'm listening to this.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxpOl2rwtPI"]Queens of the Stone Age - If I Had a Tail - ...Like Clockwork - YouTube[/ame]

and this

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcHKOC64KnE"]Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow - YouTube[/ame]

Actually, I have ALL the QOTSA on shuffle at the moment - they are my weakness :rockon::rockon:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blast from the Past!
This song had probably the most lame lyrics ever penned, but Maynard's instrumental version just SMOKES!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nazgqHaFAio"]MacArthur Park[/ame]

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
screen-shot-2014-09-24-at-1-04-42-pm.png

The songs on this album were recorded during the Division Bell sessions, when Richard Wright was still alive. I bought the more expensive set that included the album mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound on Bluray, gorgeous sound (the drums in particular are very well-recorded)! :rockon:
If you're an audiophile I highly recommend this; it's probably the last thing we'll hear from Pink Floyd proper.... :(

Koissu

Reaction score
Visit site
screen-shot-2014-09-24-at-1-04-42-pm.png

The songs on this album were recorded during the Division Bell sessions, when Richard Wright was still alive. I bought the more expensive set that included the album mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound on Bluray, gorgeous sound (the drums in particular are very well-recorded)! :rockon:
If you're an audiophile I highly recommend this; it's probably the last thing we'll hear from Pink Floyd proper.... :(

I just listened to this yesterday - it was pretty cool. I was driving home and heard a song and thought to myself...who the hell is this? Part of me thought Pink Floyd, so I sat in the car after I got home from work waiting to find out the artist. Good stuff!

Druff

Reaction score
Visit site
Those that spring to mind are, which are probably more on the Alternative side of Rock;

Helmet - In the Meantime
Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized
Mindfunk - Big House Burning
Mordred - Esse Quam Videri or Falling Away

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those that spring to mind are, which are probably more on the Alternative side of Rock;

Helmet - In the Meantime
Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized
Mindfunk - Big House Burning
Mordred - Esse Quam Videri or Falling Away

Haven't heard Helmet in years !!!! Thanks for reminding me of this awesome song :D :D :rockon: :rockon:

Helmet "In The Meantime" - YouTube

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy Holidays. Or Happy Thanksgiving!

Don't know if it's been mentioned. I have kind of a toss up on this one check out Steven Wilson, 'The Holy Drinker' or 'No twilight within the courts of the sun.' Instant classics. Can't link em right now. You tube em... Definitely worth it.:thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy Holidays. Or Happy Thanksgiving!

Don't know if it's been mentioned. I have kind of a toss up on this one check out Steven Wilson, 'The Holy Drinker' or 'No twilight within the courts of the sun.' Instant classics. Can't link em right now. You tube em... Definitely worth it.:thumbup:

Is this the "Porcupine Tree" SW? I snatch any 5.1 remixes he does of old classics (King Crimson, Jethro Tull) and his own work too. A guy greater than his (current) fame! :rockon:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: whats your favorite Rock song?

Snarky Puppy!

Whoa, these guys have been flying under my radar for far too long! Big-Band Fusion.

YouTube

YouTube

I've never seen so many sets of headphones in one room, not even in Bestbuy! :lol: Trumpet player uses a wah pedal instead of a wah mute in the track, tasty!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

0030916a_medium.jpeg

Steven Wilson has just remixed this album in 5.1 Bluray Audio, and it sounds glorious; some of the best drum sounds I have on disk. XTC has always had kind of a snotty, out-of-tune singing style on some songs that I don't care for, but everything else on this disk sounds so great I can overlook that. Good Stuff!

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

'mKay, this isn't Rock, it's funk. But we don't have a funk thread, so deal with it.
Who?
They just appeared on my Farcebook. Howza bout some FUNK to close out your Monday??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CimEvIwZaBI[/youtube]

And they fit in a Chevy van!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

And here's the actual tune I heard on EweTube, I was searching for "Shot through the teeth", not "Chatte Lunatique". Bother.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MXlAAsRVY[/youtube]

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Yay! A new album from Seal, and all new songs (finally got the moldie oldies out of his system)! Trevor Horn, his original producer is back too.

seal-01-600.jpg