Where to buy Akrapovic slip on cans

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Just as the title says where is the most reasonable place to purchase the Akrapovic exhaust for the FZ6?

Tried E Bay but with the lousy dollar it makes more sense to purchase here in Canada now, maybe Alberta and save a tax or will I get screwed because it would be posted to BC?

Any or all help welcome as I want these for the Spring.

Thanks everyone.....:rockon:

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Just e mailed both companies for shipping costs but the pipes are still a lot of money because of the conversion rate US to CDN, does any one know if they can be bought in Canada?

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep seen that one, I have it in my watched file on E Bay, the $670 set are the cheapest so far brings the price out to around $850 CDN plus shipping if they will, I have e mailed them just in case.

Dennis Kirk will supply and ship for around $800 US approx $1000 CDN but then we have the tax on top of that as well.

I still would prefer to find a location in Canada if possible, I am still looking, anyone have a second hand set for sale I could be interested!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought mine through Cycle Gear. You'll just need to call them and ask the specifics of the transaction.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok Cycle Gear prices for the TBs as they dont do Akropovic as follows, Aluminum $719.99, Carbon $899.99 and the Titanium $899.99 all US plus $25.00 shipping.

Still a bit pricey when you do the conversion, I will still try and get down to around $600 US if I can.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
Not really, I want to keep the noise down to street legal and for long rides, not sure how the Scorps sound or whether they give you a headache or not.

I keep reading threads on exhaust systems but I am no expert but it just seemed the Akros fitted my need.

TBs from what I can gather are the loudest with a more "race" tone.

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the scorpions, and they are pretty tame under 6000 rpm, then they open up until about 9000rpm, then it is just loud period with the motor and exhaust. I like them a lot. My friends that ride with me say that they are not bad at all until I get on it pretty good. I do not have db killers, so I cannot comment on them.

Ashbone

Reaction score
Visit site
True...It would be nice to hear a few types beforehand but it's kinda tricky at the moment as we have 2 feet of snow and no chance of getting my bike out for at least another 5 weeks, I would really like the pipes on by then.

Thanks