Where to buy replacement side-rear fairings for 08 fz6n

jp-hillips

2008 Yamaha FZ6N
Reaction score
Visit site
G'day,

I'm new here so still working everything out, but desperately require assistance.

I live in Brisbane, Australia and recently a large storm came through the city and knocked my bike over while I was hiding inside at work. Was a massive storm, lots of hail, wind etc.

Fortunately I installed new oggy knobs a few days earlier which saved the tank, but the fairing on the right hand side has been smashed beyond repair. As it (surprisingly) contains valuable electronics, fuses and some switches, I have temporarily repaired it with some gaffa tape.

The part number I'm looking for is;

5VX - 21721
Cover Side 2

If anyone can show me where to find this part, at a reasonable price if possible, I will be more than grateful.

I have a 2008 fz6n and if its only possible to get both left and right fairings, that is okay because then I can have them both repainted white to match the tank.

Will upload pictures when I figure out to do that.

Thanks for any and all help!

jp-hillips

2008 Yamaha FZ6N
Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a pic of my bike as I found it, my helmet is also a bit scratched but fine, the temporary tape job I've done, complete with black spray paint to make it look less obvious and my now busted oggy knob. its cracked all the way through which means it took a decent hit and wont survive another.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dirt naps are NOT good..

Anyway, its not a fairing you want it's the "side cover"(per the parts fisch) or normally called the "POD". That link goes to a generic E-bay page BTW..

Here's a link for in the US but you have to go back to put in the correct color. Your local Yamaha dealer would likely be cheaper than shipping, Customs, etc...

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2008 FZ6 - FZS6XB SIDE COVER Diagram

Last edited:

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought left side cover for $33 + shipping from partzilla. I'm living in Turkiye, partzilla is an american web site. they sent my package via usps mail international and I'm usually buying parts from them.
Before ebay hunting, I'm advising to you if you can check that site.

I'm sorry for your bike BTW, also you would replace the right crash bobbin.