Where's the mid clutch adjustment?!

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
I've installed KillerNoodle's clutch slave lever and his instructions said when installing, put the handlebar adjustment AND the mid-cable adjustment all the way in. Where is the mid-cable clutch adjuster? I think I see it behind the frame, but I have no idea how to get to it or get a wrench on the nut. Help!

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Easiest way to get to it is to lift your tank and remove the airbox and it's right there on the left side of the bike by the frame. You may be able to get to it without removing the airbox but it's been awhile since I adjusted it. By the way you definitely need to adjust the mid clutch adjustment all the way in for this mod to work right. I tried to install it without doing this step and I could not get it adjusted properly.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I looked under the tank and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to remove the airbox (it has a lot of connections.) Oh well I'll tackle it. Yeah, I installed the slave lever with only adjusting the handlebar adjuster all the way in and there was no difference in the clutch. Time to get that airbox out....

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I looked under the tank and I was really hoping I wouldn't have to remove the airbox (it has a lot of connections.) Oh well I'll tackle it. Yeah, I installed the slave lever with only adjusting the handlebar adjuster all the way in and there was no difference in the clutch. Time to get that airbox out....

Tools - 10 mm socket and wrench to pull the battery and battery box. You need a good pair of pliers with serrated grips for the spring clamps. 3 are shown here. There is a forth on the right side to the air solenoid valve for the exhaust. Its the hardest as its nearly covered on 195° of its radius. But once turned so you can access it, its easy.

You'll need a long handle 3 mm ball type allen wrench to loosen the clamps at the top of the air box. After that it lifts right off.

3 clamps here (to the right) and the air temperature sensor:
picture.php

Right at the edge of the frame is the clutch cable. Also, if there is a chance its time for spark plugs or your just wish to do an inspection, they are very easy to access. Note; top of picture is the other hose clamp hanging there.
picture.php

If your bike has a vibration spanning most of its RPM range, read this thread and inspect / correct the connections to the spark plug caps. http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...tion-cure-bad-vibrations-spark-plug-caps.html

Don't forget to lube the clutch cable too!

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a good tool set so this shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the instructions and pictures. I was being lazy and a bit a intimidated by taking too much apart but this doesn't look too bad. I'll probably get it done on this chilly afternoon today.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you reach in and remove (bust) the clutch cable retainer(plastic) (that attaches to the inner left side of the frame), you'll have easy access to that adjuster without even lifting the tank..

That clutch won't go anywhere, just make it easier for maintainance, R&R, etc.:thumbup:

srghyc

Reaction score
Visit site
Got it it all done today. Removal of the airbox wasn't too bad. Mid clutch adjustment is all the way and the slave lever is now re-installed with the extra cable slack. Oh, and my tax return came in the mail today too, so I just ordered a Two Brothers aluminum exhaust kit! Haha!