Which Puig windscreens are these?

Puig racing screen (second picture, anyway) for the 2007 ~ 2009 models... I am about to buy one soon... Ist one could be for the '04, '05, '06...

Richard

Thanks, that is good to know. I'm going to order one since the stock screen sucks.
I trimmed it down, but that wasn't much better..

I have the dark black (dark smoke, whatever they call it, its black). Looks great but creates a lot of buffeting for me. I'm a short guy so it might be different for you, just a heads up.

I have the dark black (dark smoke, whatever they call it, its black). Looks great but creates a lot of buffeting for me. I'm a short guy so it might be different for you, just a heads up.

More than the stock screen? In my opinion, the fairing itself is creating
a lot of it, so a change in windscreen will never fix everything regardless.
And going naked is not the direction i want to take :eek:

~Dave

More than the stock screen? In my opinion, the fairing itself is creating
a lot of it, so a change in windscreen will never fix everything regardless.
And going naked is not the direction i want to take :eek:

~Dave

It's been about a year since I've had the stock screen on, I think I recall feeling some relief with the Puig. You right, I believe it is the fairing, so anything short and sport is likely going to direct a lot of buffeting towards your helmet or chest depending on your height. I've come to the comclusion it's just something I need to live with on the FZ.

Hope to go naked soon :cheer:

Does anyone have the Touring for comparison? Haven't seen pics of the difference between Touring and Racing for 07-09.

I guess I am a rare one who likes the look of the stock screen on the 07s, vs the aftermarkets. Im tall too, 6ft, so my head is in clean air, no buffeting. I do remember on my Buell Firebolt that my HJC had a hell of alot more buffeting than my scorpion ever did. Might want to take a look at helmet as well if you are looking to solve some buffeting problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I guess I am a rare one who likes the look of the stock screen on the 07s, vs the aftermarkets. Im tall too, 6ft, so my head is in clean air, no buffeting. I do remember on my Buell Firebolt that my HJC had a hell of alot more buffeting than my scorpion ever did. Might want to take a look at helmet as well if you are looking to solve some buffeting problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I would agree that the stock screen looks better, even more after i trimmed it down,
but it did not do much good for us short guys :)

The racing screen came in yesterday, and i put 200 miles on it through Connecticut.
For coverage, better than stock, but i'm not thrilled with it's looks.
In my opinion, the 2007+ bike has a crappy fairing to begin with.

~Dave

Back