Wiring straight to the battery? (esp. Bi-Xenon)

Great idea for using a relay and distribution block. That is great planning. Using a relay will ensure the ignition switch is not overloaded by the addition of several mods and accessories. The Bi-Xenon 's are a really nice addition but a lot of work fitting all the components into the front cowl.

Keep up the great work and good on you for challenging youself and learning new skills.

Hey Mancolt-
Good to see you are leveraging the skills of those here on the forum. I really like the idea of the relay/distribution block. If you get a chance, if you would please post up shots of this setup. That is a mod I would certainly want to add to my bike.
Regards,
FB

Here you go FB400. This is a pic from my cellphone of the distribution block. I didn't bother setting up the relay, because this will most likely be a temporary setup. I got this junction box (I think that's what Home Depot called it) but had to do some extra wiring to get it to work for my purposes. I think Radio Shack has the actual distribution block that I want to use. I got the relay kit at Pep Boys, but didn't bother installing it yet. Right now, I only have the Angel Eyes and HID Projectors running off this distribution block. The HID's only turn on when the bike is running anyways, so I don't think I need a relay to ensure that they don't drain the battery (someone please tell me if this logic is flawed).

I took this pic before it was completely done. I hid some of the wires a little bit better. But basically, it just sits in a little area on top of the battery.
attachment.php

Looks really clean. For my purposes, I have a relay coming off the positive lead of the battery for my horn setup. I would just use this block to neaten the wiring under the tank. I like this setup alot, nice work :thumbup:

Yeah, don't let my experience deter you. If you have some electrical/wiring skill, it won't be as bad for you. I taught myself (with the help of this forum) everything I know about wiring in the last 6 days. Before that, the only thing I knew about wiring was seeing my dad strip and splice wires.

The biggest PITA is that the directions they include suck IMO. And they don't include a parts list, so you don't know what you're supposed to use where. I also think their quality control is pretty shoddy. I got a ballast with a stripped screw thread and missing the screw because it fell out somewhere along the way. I think the screws they include (presumably for mounting the HID projector housing to the mounts in the headlight housing) are the wrong size. I couldn't find anything that came with the kit that these screws would fit into. So I used my own screws and mounted it.

I'm here if you have any questions though! I'll do my best to answer anything I can. Feel free to PM me with any question you have, no matter how dumb you think it might be. I had so many dumb questions that I just wasn't sure about and I was nervous about messing up so I asked them. This forum is seriously a GREAT resource. I would read through the first half (if not the whole thing) of the Bi-Xenon sticky thread until you understand everything they're talking about. Once you've got that down, it's just a matter of disassembling, mounting, and reassembling.

Here are some of the threads that I used, or think will be useful:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/14783-how-remove-your-fairing.html
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/14963-bi-xenon-projector-angel-eye-installed.html
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/2799-accessory-wiring-right-way.html
.: Distribution Block / Powered Relay | Canyon Chasers Motorcycle Sport Touring :.

The last two would be something that I would plan to do from the start. Put a relay on there that you can wire any future electrical mods to. It'll make things easier and look a little more organized. After learning a little about wiring, I don't think it's going to be difficult at all.

I'm going to finish mounting mine, and redo some of the more haphazard wiring this weekend. I'm gonna throw a relay and distribution block on mine as well. I think I've got 2-3 hours left total. In the end, as much of a hassle as it was at times, it looks sweet and the light output from the HIDs are a night and day difference from the stock bulbs. I should have read through this forum more before starting and I probably could have saved myself some time and headaches. I think if I were to do it again, I could cut the time in about half (which would still make it about 10-12 hours for me, down from 22ish).

hey man sorry about your crash agine i just got my Hid kit today what the hell are the 2 blue and 2 white wires where do they go it said it was for the h7 said witch is the low beam :confused::confused:

Back