Wolfman goes bush...Part 5! The River Murray, close-up...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, it's prett well established by now, that due to a long distance friendship of sorts...i get out to the country quite a bit...well this week, i was on the Murray River...Australia's biggest & most important River in terms of drinking water in this wide brown land....well at least for the Eastern Coast anyway.

So i snapped a few pics of this once great river, which is gradually declining due to over use....these pics are snapped from on ther River at Renmark in South Australia...and are taken from a Kayake, or Canoe...cant remember which one it was....but i spent a day paddling around backwaters, and the main river earlier this week....thought some of you might like to see the pics...

View attachment 14089

View attachment 14090

View attachment 14091

View attachment 14092

View attachment 14093

View attachment 14094

View attachment 14095

View attachment 14096

View attachment 14097

View attachment 14098

:rockon:

that is def. a Kayak. Looks like fun. Why are all the trees dead?

Re: The Kayak...Thanks! Now i can tell MP she was wrong! :eek:

Dunno why all the tree's are dead, But they are like it everywhere in the Murray in South Australia....anyone that knows, care to shed some light, as i would like to know too.

:thumbup:

Are there areas like that with out crocagators? or are they just everywhere?

Also what the hell is the deal with having so many poison animals and things down there?

Thanks for the pictures man, they rock.

Ok here is the deal where I live.

Watch out for brown reculse, and black widow spiders, also copperheads/watermoccasin and rattle snakes, dont eat a few berries and mushrooms and your pretty much good to go.

Whats up with everything wanting to kill you guys?

Oh no! don't tell her she was wrong........ you have a choice. Be right or be happy. Pick one :thumbup:

Oh MP aint like that...she will think it's funny! :thumbup:

Also what the hell is the deal with having so many poison animals and things down there?

Watch out for brown reculse, and black widow spiders, also copperheads/watermoccasin and rattle snakes, dont eat a few berries and mushrooms and your pretty much good to go.

As for things that wanna kill you...we came across about 6 river snakes while paddling through the backwaters...one which was big enough to qualify as a candidate for Loch Ness Monster status!

The Brown snakes in the river, did freak us out a bit, especialy when you are sitting 20cm above the water!!!

Come to Australia, perfect one day...poisonous the next!

'Cause we suck...lol.:thumbup: I think it's just some sort of revenge for the punishment they cop when we're teenagers..."Hey look a snake. Let's....*insert nasty thing here*". (And no I didn't mean a thumb).

Seriously though, it's not all bad. We can eat loads of stuff and some of it actually gets you off:eek::spank::spank::spank:...lol.(if you like strychnine that is).:D

And crocs don't like it cold so they won't come here. Water temp varies greatly with the seasons and also this is the driest state on the driest continent in the universe or something:cheer:.:rockon:

Cheers
Mike

That is why we cut off Austrailia and made it a separate continent.......to keep the deadly stuff over there :D

And Wolfman, you say MP isn't like that.......let her find the time she wants to be right. I am sure you will know when :D

Its because you called them crocagators :rof:

I think they have Crocs...we have Gators (within minutes of my house) and the Amazon has Caymans....they are just misunderstood cuddly little fellows :rolleyes:

Oh no! don't tell her she was wrong........ you have a choice. Be right or be happy. Pick one :thumbup:

+1

From a best-man toast my brother-in-law gave, one of the sagest pieces of wisdom on marriage I've ever heard:

When you know you're wrong, admit it.

When you know you're right, shut up.

Lol....told her tonight it was a Kayak....her response, oh well, at least we know what we need to buy now!

Funny Girl MP...thinks like a man, drinks like a man, looks very much a woman...but has no time for precious princesses...example...hangs off the back of the FZ for 2500km's in 5 days, through Roo infested, wet, windy, dusty, muddy roads...does not complain once, gets home, has a shower, and asks me whether i want to go for a ride through the twisties! TRUE STORY!

Bless her heart!

Looks like fun out there and great pic's BTW :thumbup:....Only thing that could make that any better would be a fishing rod some lure's and the smell of 2 stoke fuel running through my Yamaha outbard :eek: :eek: :D :D.......Come Mike you know you love that smell and sound :rof:

Just check out my new Avatar for a second and you'll see all that can and does kill you out here in Oz :thumbup: , dont forget to add the Drop Bears to that aswell :D

Funny Girl MP...thinks like a man, drinks like a man, looks very much a woman...but has no time for precious princesses...example...hangs off the back of the FZ for 2500km's in 5 days, through Roo infested, wet, windy, dusty, muddy roads...does not complain once, gets home, has a shower, and asks me whether i want to go for a ride through the twisties! TRUE STORY!

Bless her heart!

Here in the States.....we call that a "KEEPER" :D

Here in the States.....we call that a "KEEPER" :D

same deal in oz....she also has a Uni degree, and is financially independent! If you know my luck with the love of my life in the last 12 months...this is one he'll if a way to bounce back! :thumbup:

Well than I am very happy for you! Hope it works out for ya! :thumbup:

This is one of the few things I am not jealous of you for.....I found a "KEEPER" too!

Back