Won't start after handlebar swap

JesseeS

Reaction score
Visit site
How's it going guys. I would just like to start off by saying I'm no mechanic, but have worked on several bikes before, but since day one this bike has always kicked my ass for some reason lol. Basically I put my new cr high rise bars on a set of risers with set back, 1" x 1 1/4" respectively. My bike is also naked. Where the cables ran there was slack, but when going lock to lock I met resistance with the RH control wiring. Didn't think anything of it. Now when I turn the key, bike turns on, flip switch down and fuel pump primes, but when I hit the start button, nothing happens. Not sound or action whatsoever. Opened the switch and things look fine, tried to follow the wiring and that's where everything went crazy. Do I need to remove the airbox for the fuel injection to access the wiring? Any other easier way to do it? Any ideas on what it could be? Thanks for any help

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You'll likly just have to get under the battery. Not terribly hard, take notes, etc.

There's a bunch of connectors under the battery box which is where your tugging of the harness may be happening..

The airbox, not likely it'll need removal.

As you noted, with the swap, something got moved/pulled and isn't likely making an electrical connection.

Just for S&G's, check fuses first (just in case you shorted something in the swap).

Follow the wires for the starter, pay attention to the ignition switch wire and gently pull all connectors apart. You want to pay VERY CLOSE attention to where the wires enter the connectors...

I'd start at the top(switch) and work your way down. You can also, as you go along, hit the starter (in neutral,key on) as you jiggle, check wires.

Take your time, you'll find it.

Please post back what you find and good luck.

Also, recently, another member with a homemade naked, had a similar issue,(but no mods). He found some dirty connectors and a very questionable ground wire... He got it fixed...