Worst pain I've ever been in

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
thanks all you for the well wishes. figured i'd give you a little update.

the original doc gave me a 5 day zpac. i finished that on wednesday but still wasn't feeling 100%. i would have otherwise just let it go and see if my body would finish up the healing but i'm going on vacation with the family on sunday and will gone for a week. didn't want something to flair up while i was gone. plus reading some of the stories in this thread got me a little spooked. so i set up an appointment for thursday. i went it, they did xrays and said that i still had pneumonia and wrote me up another prescription. this one better work because it was 180 frickin' dollars for 10 pills. :jawdrop:

over all i feel pretty good. still have a little tightness in my chest... a bit of a cough... a little rattle when i breathe... and get short on breath if i walk to far. but as long as i'm a lazy couch potato i feel great. :D

anyway, thanks again for the well wishes. here's the hoping this will all be done in a week when i finish up these pills.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
pneumonia is brutal...had it about 12 years ago, missed a month of work and it took a year before I felt fully normal again. My lungs haven't quite been the same since. I'm glad you caught it in time. Take your time healing...you don't want a relapse, believe me.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I guess it's better than heart problems! I had it when I was a kid, thankfully it was nowhere near that bad. Just felt like a nasty flu. Heck, the symptoms you described are pretty much what I get every time I get sick. lol Hope you get better soon! Nothing worse than laying around sick when it's nice riding weather outside.

Oh, and don't be like me when your're sick. The instant I start to feel noticeably better, I fly outta bed and start running around doing things. Next thing I know, I just added 2-3 more days of lying around sick to my schedule. :shakehead: Don't do it!! Even once you feel 90% there, give it another day or two! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Swedge58

Reaction score
Visit site
Worst pain ever for me. I hit a black angus cow (1100 pounds) on 1987 CR 250. Yes a cow on a motorcycle!! I was in the right place the cow was in the wrong spot. Gait was left open and the cow wonder to a narrow path on slight curve on my parents farm. I would say I was doing a good 50 or better!! Damage done: broken pelvis, broke both femurs one compound and yes the bone came thru the skin! Right arm open compound fracture (bone thru the skin). Punctured right lung 4 broken ribs ( causing the punctured lung). Lucky my brother was close behind for help. Lifeflighted to UK trauma center. Life support for 2 days, ICU for 2 weeks , months and months of rehab. Had to learn to walk again! Remember it all! Oh yeah the cow did not make it. I feel it everyday when I get up. Have never ate a hamburger since. LOL!!!

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Worst pain ever for me. I hit a black angus cow (1100 pounds) on 1987 CR 250. Yes a cow on a motorcycle!! I was in the right place the cow was in the wrong spot. Gait was left open and the cow wonder to a narrow path on slight curve on my parents farm. I would say I was doing a good 50 or better!! Damage done: broken pelvis, broke both femurs one compound and yes the bone came thru the skin! Right arm open compound fracture (bone thru the skin). Punctured right lung 4 broken ribs ( causing the punctured lung). Lucky my brother was close behind for help. Lifeflighted to UK trauma center. Life support for 2 days, ICU for 2 weeks , months and months of rehab. Had to learn to walk again! Remember it all! Oh yeah the cow did not make it. I feel it everyday when I get up. Have never ate a hamburger since. LOL!!!

I'd make it a point to eat as many of the bas***** as possible. Take that cows!! lol