Wow after 2 years I'm a total newb.

ratrider45

ratrider45
Reaction score
Visit site
check rear wheel alignment/tire pressures/and verify forks aren't leaking..if that checks out make sure the forks and or bike isn't bent..if still ok have somebody who knows what they're doing set the suspension up for your weight height and size. including the levers shifter,rear brake pedal and handlebars. If the clutch is extremely grabby then you need to either replace or soak the fiber plates in engine oil overnight,i have an 07 and the inner plates were as dry as the sahara desert,that can screw up the best of riders. if these things dont help you solve your issue then you need to practice as the fzg is as easy to ride as your earlier kwakas

corvius

Reaction score
Visit site
Tires, shocks, frame are in good order. Not sure what the clutch is supposed to feel like but I need to take the tank off and properly clean/re-lube the cable. Clutch isn't overly grabby, but the friction zone feels small.

Went on another ride and the rearsets helped a bit. I need to read up on tuning the suspension correctly. I think fz1 bars are in my future, I need just a little more aggressive of a riding position I think. My "test" turn is a 15mph marked turn I usually do at 35, today I took it at 40 and it felt great.

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Well... I'm one of the few that never rode a motorcycle, the first time I had contact with a motorcycle was to take classes to get my license, when I got out I bought a Yamaha YZF600R Thundercat, never had any issues.

The secret is to start slow, don't put the carriage in front of the horses, just keep riding it and get used to it, the rest will come with time and practice. Don't get it all over like if it was the last days on earth.

In the end, seems to me you are too used to the Ninja, or have very low mileage to be venturing all that way. Motorcycles are different from one to another, and that influences the riding, my Fazer just seems to be a train on rails when I turn she feels real safe.

"V"

Last edited: