WTB 08 tail bracket support, big U shape see pic

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello!
I want to keep all my stock parts and mod this bracket to fit around the Two Bro exhaust.
Anyone have one? From an 08... US upper 48 but local preferred. Tks
attachment.php

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cut it up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weld on it!!!!!!:thumbup:

And powder coat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Cans are just too big and the trusty bracket needs a little tweak to get around them!

Ya, right now the TT is kinda floppy! At least it made it to the end of the year. :rolleyes:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And powder coat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
Cans are just too big and the trusty bracket needs a little tweak to get around them!

Ya, right now the TT is kinda floppy! At least it made it to the end of the year. :rolleyes:

Can you put steel (or aluminum) spacers at the mounting holes and just lower it the space you need (ie, 1/2"?-with longer bolts)? If needed, beef it up from there (from below for clearance issues).

To cut one up and then get it to line up with the original mounting holes may be difficult..

How much space do you need? (My Scorp's fit without any mods of that plate but I think thier oval)

I'm sure I posted this pic before, if it helps.. The stock bracket NOT modded in there...

Last edited:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just a heads up, I took a grinder to the black circled sections to get it to fit around the 2bros and the bracket ended up developing stress cracks(red lines).
One side broke completely and the other was cracked 1/2 way before I noticed....too much vibration I guess

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
just a heads up, I took a grinder to the black circled sections to get it to fit around the 2bros and the bracket ended up developing stress cracks(red lines).
One side broke completely and the other was cracked 1/2 way before I noticed....too much vibration I guess

So would it be safe to say spacing that bracket down some with longer bolts and spacers would likely keep that from happening?

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My intent was to cut, drop and lengthen right at the mount to the tail section (widest part, not the light). Allot of work. Bike isn't here for now so I can't saw what is the best option. At the time, I just left it off and rode. Need to fix that. Two Brackets that drops it and moves it reward slightly would be nice. Then a mild bend to the bracket at the aft section should cover it. May not be so pretty hanging lower but it needs to happen.

Thanks for all the ideas fellow riders... Appreciate it!

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ meanie.... taking BFH to my precious magnesium cans (at each end that is)....

Is this coming into a build thread?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ meanie.... taking BFH to my precious magnesium cans (at each end that is)....

Is this coming into a build thread?

Only of we move it to the "mod section" and start cutting, hammering and welding!!!

I have a MIG welder and can MIG most anything (not aluminum) you need done... I have plenty of cutting tools too should you need assistance..

And of course, my BFH!

Actually, shouldn't be too hard to make them fit with minimal mods...

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the TwoBro aluminum cans last year and could not get the stock bracket to fit around the exhaust either. In my case however , I was also installing the Motodynamic integrated taillight so I just needed to use a tie wrap on each of the rear cowls to secure them to the frame. Wasn't my preferred method, but will suffice for now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the TwoBro aluminum cans last year and could not get the stock bracket to fit around the exhaust either. In my case however , I was also installing the Motodynamic integrated taillight so I just needed to use a tie wrap on each of the rear cowls to secure them to the frame. Wasn't my preferred method, but will suffice for now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I know, the less preffered method ran most of last year. Now its time for proper correction before something cracks and gets eatin!

Thanks!

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I and a few members ran into this problem years ago, and everyone went in different direction on how to cope with this issue.

Here's my solution back a few years ago. I added more pics in that thread to show the results.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...wo-brother-exhaust-do-they-fit.html#post72833

The only issue I've noticed with this solution is without the addition of the fender, water splashing off the tire gets into the seat compartment making a dirty mess. My solution to that, I just don't ride in the rain. ;)

dp_080805_06.jpg

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I and a few members ran into this problem years ago, and everyone went in different direction on how to cope with this issue.

Here's my solution back a few years ago. I added more pics in that thread to show the results.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/gara...wo-brother-exhaust-do-they-fit.html#post72833

The only issue I've noticed with this solution is without the addition of the fender, water splashing off the tire gets into the seat compartment making a dirty mess. My solution to that, I just don't ride in the rain. ;)

dp_080805_06.jpg

OMG that is SOOOOOOOO CLEAN and Shinny!
FI goes to look at thread...
Thanks D!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just to add to the above, even with the stock bracket installed (that fits without mods with the oval Scorps), I also had crap getting up in the seat release mechanism.

To fix that, I just folded up some aluminum foil, used the thin, true DUCT TAPE (for A/C units). I folded several layers together, then taped that flat piece together, then taped that underneath the seat mechainism. NO MORE CRAP getting up there... Keeps it nice clean and dry.

BTW, my Scorps use similar SS straps with a rubber strap to prevent scratching but, I guess, being oval, clears the stock bracket in question without mods...