WTB: Wheels etc

I have a 2005 FZ6 that my son wrecked. Damage to the tank, upper frame, and plastic parts. The bike only had a few thousand miles on it. I plan to part it out, but have not had time to investigate how to go about it. The wheels, radiator, header, swingarm, forks, etc. were not damaged. However the squashed gas tank, and damage to the frame makes it pretty much a total to put back together. If you are interested, I may start selling parts off after the holidays.

I have a 2005 FZ6 that my son wrecked. Damage to the tank, upper frame, and plastic parts. The bike only had a few thousand miles on it. I plan to part it out, but have not had time to investigate how to go about it. The wheels, radiator, header, swingarm, forks, etc. were not damaged. However the squashed gas tank, and damage to the frame makes it pretty much a total to put back together. If you are interested, I may start selling parts off after the holidays.

There are many businesses that buy wrecked bikes and part them out, you can sell it to them or part it out yourself. More work and time but you'll make more money. You should tear the bike down completely before you start listing items so if someone buys something, they don't have to wait for you to take it apart. Also for pricing you should go 75-85% cost for undamaged parts, 50% or less cost for damaged but usable parts, less for unusable parts.

Also h2o_boy, did you get the forks okay? Any issues?

Back