WTT: Gauge clusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to trade gauge clusters on my 2007 FZ6 with some one that has over 7500 miles on there bike. I have 4500 miles on mine and I need to register it in ca. It is a 49 state bike and you can't register them in CA untill they are over 7500. Stupid law but I don't want to risk driving around for the next 3000 miles with no registration.
Thanks

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
Doesn't it take more than just the cluster to change the odometer?

-you could go on a road trip out of state.

or do a ton of track days.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think that will work...and I'm sure there are legal issues here too.

We have a ton of CA members on here, maybe they have some alternate suggestions for you.

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
I was told by the other members that the odometer was strickly in the gauge cluster. and the 7500 mile thing is the only way to get it by the DMV unless I am in the military... which is what got me into this mess.... buying a out of state bike from a military dude

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Take a week's vacation, strap some camping gear on the bike and go riding. You'll knock out 3000 miles easily.

Also, by swapping odometers, you are committing fraud.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odometer_fraud

Yeah, you're increasing your bike's mileage, but you're defrauding the state of CA by doing so. And you're helping the other FZ6 owner defraud potential buyers of his bike. Aiding and abetting.

Last edited:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
totally easy, put it on the center stand, buy a "cruise control" and have plenty of gas on hand...

VC.jpg
:rockon:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
This might be a stupid question, but I'll ask it anyway. I was under the impression the odometer is merely a display, rather than a storage device.

When swapping gauge clusters, does the odometer information transfer from bike to bike? I always thought the mileage information was stored in the ECU and merely displayed on the cluster/ odometer.

I'll be curious to see how this works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.