YAMAHA FZ6 Comfort Gel Seat Black 2007-2009 Sport Street NEW

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
I used Doc_Simples stock seat while he used my comfort seat. I will say that his stock 07 seat has alot more cushion to it than either my 05 or 06 stock seats. I'm thinking that the foam in the stock seats breaks down or compresses alot with age.
I find myself moving the comfort seat to which ever bike I'm riding to avoid the stockers.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
so doc, was it more slippery than the stock? I'd like to try the comfort seat but don't want to give up on the 'traction' I get with the stocker.

Thanks.

It was more slippery, but in a good way. Your butt sticks while riding but when you want to slide back or over to hang a knee its not restrictive like the stock seat is. One of the things I liked about it.

someone08

Reaction score
Visit site
i havent tried a comfort seat, but i have a corbin that i got used from someone and its not realy harder, but it very supportive. it wasnt what i was expecting when i got it and it functions quite well, but the problem is the thing pitches me forward and i like a very nuetral riding position. i think im just going to go to an apolstry shop and see if they can re-do my stock seat, because to send it in to corbin to re-do it will be way too expensinve.

i just thought this discussion needed some corbin input in it.

Reaction score
Visit site
AJ, any thoughts on the butt 'traction' on the comfort seat compared to the stocker?
I would say they are about equal. I think the material may be slightly slicker on the Gel seat but the shape is better (wider and more cupped). In the end, I found no difference in "butt traction" between the two.

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have a Comfort Gel seat I intend to put on ebay at some point. It was used very little before I got my TS seat and is in excellent condition. I will sell it for 120 + shipping. If anyone is interested, let me know. By the way, I also have the stock seat that I intend to sell.

Here are some pics of the seat. The small right side, front half crease is due to the stock seat leaning up against it in storage. There is no tear or abrasion of the fabric. I think this will work itself out with riding but I can't guarantee it.

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

reaper1984

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got one of these comfort seats (currently on my 08 FZ6). Personally I don't mind the stock seat so I'm interested in selling the comfort seat to someone that wants it.

I'm located in NW Calgary and will meet anyone within an hour drive from here to drop it off.

I think 120 dollars for it is fair, considering it's in brand new condition.

The one thing you have to be aware of is the comfort seat does not come with the L bracket used to lock it into place. You will need to remove the bracket from your stock seat and mount it on the new comfort seat. No big deal, but something to be aware of.

send me an email or message if interested. No need for this seat to gather dust in my storage locker.

Andrew