04-06 main fairing; new, never used. $60

spectacle13

young wanderer
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys

So I sold my 04 fz6 awhile back and have had this OEM fairing in the garage taking up space. I originally intended to use it to replace the broken one after a low side but never spent the money on the other parts it needed. Just sold it as is.

So if you're in need of a new main fairing, here's your chance! Brand new, no scratches, scuffs, broken tabs, etc.
Looking to get 60 bucks for it.

Item is located in south ga, usa. I can deliver within a reasonable distance for gas money and will get a shipping quote for serious people in the u.s.

EDIT: near georgia otherwise the shipping will be as costly or close to the cost of the fairing. If you are one state over or within deliverable distance in GA then we can set something up. Sorry guys...

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
That's not really a fairing, it's just the inner plastic liner. The fairing would have to include the outer plastics and steel mounting brackets.

spectacle13

young wanderer
Reaction score
Visit site
That's not really a fairing, it's just the inner plastic liner. The fairing would have to include the outer plastics and steel mounting brackets.

Simply not true.

Per the Yamaha parts fiche: COWLING 1 this is the main "upper front body" if we're using semantics here....

The fairing stay and both outside covers are separate parts as sold by yamaha. You can also look and see that I'm selling at well below retail.

The "inner plastics" are two separate pieces altogether.

Isn't there a rule about posting in listings with no contribution to the thread? I'm not sure why you decided to comment but you're arguing ridiculous semantics that have no bearing and I don't think anyone expects to get an entire, complete fairing with 300+ dollars worth of parts for 60 bucks.

Last edited:

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
I would never assume the mounting hardware is included, when someone is selling a fairing. In fact I have bought a fairing for a previous bike and I had to source all metal mounting parts from someone else.

This space intentionally left blank.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Simply not true.

Per the Yamaha parts fiche: COWLING 1 this is the main "upper front body" if we're using semantics here....

The fairing stay and both outside covers are separate parts as sold by yamaha. You can also look and see that I'm selling at well below retail.

The "inner plastics" are two separate pieces altogether.

Isn't there a rule about posting in listings with no contribution to the thread? I'm not sure why you decided to comment but you're arguing ridiculous semantics that have no bearing and I don't think anyone expects to get an entire, complete fairing with 300+ dollars worth of parts for 60 bucks.

Ok, I meant no harm or disrespect. A "cowling" is not a "fairing". It is a component of a complete fairing. I'm sure there are potential buyers who were also in the dark like me who would appreciate the additional information you just provided on this part in response to my comments. When I google image search "Yamaha FZ6 front fairing" most of the pictures show a complete fairing with outer plastics and headlight and I'm sure some buyers would assume that a "fairing" is the complete assembly. Sorry for the confusion.
GLWS. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I meant no harm or disrespect. A "cowling" is not a "fairing". It is a component of a complete fairing. I'm sure there are potential buyers who were also in the dark like me who would appreciate the additional information you just provided on this part in response to my comments. When I google image search "Yamaha FZ6 front fairing" most of the pictures show a complete fairing with outer plastics and headlight and I'm sure some buyers would assume that a "fairing" is the complete assembly. Sorry for the confusion.
GLWS. :thumbup:

And I imagine most of those complete front fairings are the result of a naked conversion. Owners who just want to get rid of a part they are not using.

Cowling, fairing. "Potato, potato, let's call the whole thing off" :) cowling may just be a poor translation. The word "cowling" was first used in conjunction with planes. It is the cover that goes over the engine. This does not really apply to motorcycles.

This space intentionally left blank.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pictures IS worth a thousand words! :thumbup:
You get what you see! Boot likely excluded from that I suspect! lol

spectacle13

young wanderer
Reaction score
Visit site
My apologies fizzer6, I'm a member of some other sites unrelated to motorcycling where people are less friendly (read:confrontational, know it alls) than this site and I can see I've let it rub off on me more than I would like.

To everyone else, thank you for your replies. No the boot is not included lol! I love my Irish setters, I took some really poor pictures in really bad light due to working night shift and being up all night. I should have waited and not taken them at night in yellow light.

Eyedreamt, I sent you a pm.

Last edited:

spectacle13

young wanderer
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I learned a valuable and unfortunate lesson trying to ship this for eyedreamt, and it would be the same for you ohuendo. The cost of shipping for this is about what I'm selling it for....so unless someone lives one state over, or in fl/ga where they can pick it up its not going to be worth it. (~$50 shipping) because of its size... really sorry guys...

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I learned a valuable and unfortunate lesson trying to ship this for eyedreamt, and it would be the same for you ohuendo. The cost of shipping for this is about what I'm selling it for....so unless someone lives one state over, or in fl/ga where they can pick it up its not going to be worth it. (~$50 shipping) because of its size... really sorry guys...

Have you got a quote to ship from USPS via Standard (Parcel) Post? I ship headlights to people several times a year and I can ship a box that is roughly 24" x 20" x 15" and 11 lbs for about $30 as long as it's going 1,000 miles or less (roughly). Would be more to ship across the country.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's the problem with text isn't it. Sometimes the most innocent remark can be taken with offense. I'm glad that on reflection you are decent enough to clarify the matter. 60 bucks is a good deal. Ron Ayres had cowling for the S1 at 90 bucks a while ago.
I'm sure it will be sold very quickly.