06 FZ6 Ignition/ Electrical Issue

acardam

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone! My battery lost charge recently and I tried jumping it from my car but it didn’t want to start, I assumed it was something to do with the battery so I charged it. Now after turning the key on I get a clicking sound from 5VK-81950-30-00 RELAY ASSY under the back left “FZ6” plastic. Fuel pump turns on, but sounds like it isn’t reaching typical pressure and sometimes no pressure, just dialing down. After about 6 seconds of this instrument cluster shows "12" I ordered a new relay, but I’m concerned it could be something else. Anyone have any advice on what to try next or experience with a problem like this? It’s been an amazing bike and I really hope I didn’t mess anything up. Thanks!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The relay assembly your talking about is called the "Starter interrupt- cut off relay" It's actually 2 relays that allow starter operation and fuel injection/fuel pump operation. It is used as a safety for protocols that allow it to interrupt the starter from being used and shutting of fuel in the event specific safety logic is not met.
As Scott has instructed, you should charge your battery and load test it as the first course of determining what might be the problem.
If you have very low voltage the relays will chatter and that may not mean that assembly is at fault.
If you've jump started the bike from a car that had the engine running the Regulator/Rectifier may be damaged. That's for another discussion.
If the battery load tests as good Then we can help trouble shoot the issue that is preventing the bike from starting.
When you say the dash shows 12, are you saying it's error code 12? That would mean the Crankshaft Position Sensor is showing a fault.
Any additional history on the bike may also be helpful.
Also when the voltage are very low the ECU may spit out a few codes that are not actually the problem so check battery first.

Last edited: