09 Good Price?

I just purchased a black 09 FZ6 today from Enfield Motor Sports in Enfield, CT. I paid $6,500 for the bike, $7046 OTD. I'm happy with the deal and the people at the shop were friendly and courteous. I pick it up tomorrow afternoon, I can't wait to break it in over the long weekend.

congrats! looks like a good weekend to break it in!:cheer:

MOM's was one of the highest (along with Motorsports International) when I got quotes. I'd call Jennifer or Phil at Performance and tell them I recommended you ( Steve who bought the blue FZ6), I bought my FZ6 there last month and offer them $7,000 including all rebates and freight, prep, admin. The only problem is I don't know if they have one in stock right now. I know they have the FZ6R, but I didn't see an FZ6 on the floor last Saturday.

Also, if you haven't already I'd log into Progressive Insurance's website and get a rate quote. They just started selling Motorcycle insurance in Ma. as of April 1st and I saved $200 over what I was quoted through my previous insurance agent for full coverage. I switched as of May 1st to Progressive.

Performance doesn't have a FZ6. They did mention they had the R.
I'll keep working at it.
I was actually thinking of contacting Progressive.

I bought my '08 FZ6 from Parkway in April of last year for $6600 OTD (not including taxes). The price you are seeing is on the high side. While it is peak season, the market is not great since the economy is not doing well. Granted the '09 is $300 more, you should be able to still do well with the rebate. The biggest dealer around us is Cycle 128 whom I had the pleasure of dealing with right after my first FZ6 was totalled. I would come and offer them $7k for the bike for eveyrthing OTD (except tax) and see what they say. Tell them take it or leave it. You can get better prices in NH in general. The nicest dealer I think is in Somerville, but he can't compete for pricing with the Cycle 128 conglamorate which is too bad. I don't want him to go out of business.

Just to add to the thread for reference, I got a brand new left over 08' FZ6 in April 09' for $6328. That includes everything but the taxes. I did find a dealer in Florida that was selling left over 08's on ebay for $4999 plus $300 handling and what ever shipping would cost (around $490 in my case). Would have been a great deal, but I assumed something fishy was going on so I stuck with my local dealer, probably a good choice since I don't do my own work and will be taking it there for service and such.

I worked for a Yamaha dealership until dec of 08. Roughly the dealer cost on an 08 was about $6100 or so, anytime you can search around would be wise, just to save money.

Well I settled for an '08 Raven at $6499. I'm not paying any of fees (freight, dealer prep, etc.) Dealer threw in a $150 gift card also.
I'm lazy and too damn busy with work to play the game anymore. I can live with the price. I guess I'm one of those people that when they want something they just go get it. Picking it up on Saturday. Can't wait to get out on it.
Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Congrats! What dealer had an '08? Did you trade in your old bike? You are going to love the new one :thumbup:

Thanks! MOMs had one at their NH location. It's being shipped down to the Foxboro store since it's close to where I live. Yup, traded the WRR in.
Can't wait for Saturday, although all the reading about a "snatchy" clutch has me a little nervous. Nothing pratice can't fix I guess.

Back