1 Piece or 2 Piece?!

I really cant decided whether to get a 1 piece suit or 2 piece, what are the pros and cons of the two?

I recently bought a new set, 2 piece for me. As long as the zip that connects the pieces together goes all around and it is not exposed externally it will be fine.

2 piece is more versatile than 1 piece and is more suited towards street use I guess. If you were doing allot of track days I would say go with a once piece.

Regardless of which one you pick make sure to get a good brand as these leathers can last for years.

I got the RST Stunt jacket and trousers, you can see from the trousers the zip goes all the way around
rst_jacket-leather_stunt_black.jpg

rst_jeans-leather_stunt_black.jpg

Also make sure they fit properly, they are meant to be snug fit, not loose, and will stretch overtime.

All down to personal preference, though as said above if doing trackdays just get a 1 piece.
Also make sure you try them on, get it tight as the leather will stretch a little after time so you'll want it snug. A good dealer should help make sure it fits properly.

I have the JoeRocket Radar Race jacket and Speedmaster 5.0 pants ( found pants on ebay for $150!), they zip together with the 8in zipper. I eventually plan to get an all around zipper put on the jacket. As someone else said, a 2 piece is more versatile for street use.

i would say a two pc for street use. i got a one pc speed and strength suit n OHH BOY it is a PITA to put on and take off:(

:welcome:to this awesome forum!

Two piece for me. I have leathers and Kevlar GP2 pants(not Jeans) I have gotten all my zippers integrated so I can mix n match.

Me: Honey can I use your sewing machine?

Lisa: Waddaya doin now.

Me: Sewing up an interzipper thingy to zip this to that!

Lisa: :rof::rof::rof: Idiot...

It works great! :)

One piece if you do many track days, two piece if you are primarily street riding

I recently bought a new set, 2 piece for me. As long as the zip that connects the pieces together goes all around and it is not exposed externally it will be fine.

2 piece is more versatile than 1 piece and is more suited towards street use I guess. If you were doing allot of track days I would say go with a once piece.

Regardless of which one you pick make sure to get a good brand as these leathers can last for years.

I got the RST Stunt jacket and trousers, you can see from the trousers the zip goes all the way around
rst_jacket-leather_stunt_black.jpg

rst_jeans-leather_stunt_black.jpg

Also make sure they fit properly, they are meant to be snug fit, not loose, and will stretch overtime.

I just bought that exact same colour combination! Wore it for the first time today, very good for the money (the jacket and trousers together cost less than my Arlen Ness jacket did)

Back