10 states, 4,350 miles in 12 days

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
My friends and I had been talking about taking a long touring trip for a while and finally we did it. 10 states (TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, NC, TN, AR), 4,350 miles in 12 days:thumbup: Houston to Deals Gap via Key West Fl. Note able Stops along the way include: Boca Raton, Key West, Daytona, Robbinsville, Ashville, Cherokee, Nashville. The two guys on the VTX’s left about half a week before we did and completed their Iron Butt, we picked them up in Boca.

The ride down to South FL was long and for the most part boring, but Key West was really nice. Also, wanted to say thanks to All Out Power Sports in Daytona for Having Two back BT-023s waiting for me and my friend on the FZ1. We were in and out of there in an hour and a half which gave us more time play out on Daytona Beach.

We stayed at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville, NC. This place is cool, it is a Hotel that caters to Motorcycles. If you hate leaving your ride out side this is the place for you, they have a garage for each room!

Deals Gap was awesome, especially with a new back tire to tear up! If you haven’t gone start planning your trip now. There are so many awesome routes to ride out that way you can easily spend an entire week out there and not hit them all. Of course the Dragon was the good, but so was the Cherohala Sky Way, never been through so many tunnels!

We did get a little wet, but we managed to avoid all those big storms that rolled through last week!

All in all it was great trip and I look forward the next one:rockon:

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
All the luggage except the camo backpack are coretech. I like them they come off easy and no harware is left behind. if you pack them correctly you would be amazed how much they can hold.

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
Great trip with a nice mix of bikes, another reminder of how the FZ6 is capable to hang out with mostly any other bike on mostly any road.

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
hard ass

I don`t know how you rode that many miles on an FZ6.
I wouldn`t want to do it in a cage.