1125r Photos!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Bike mate .:thumbup: .How does a Texas dude end up getting Bike in Florida ? Local shop have ties with dealership in Florida or just shopped around and there was the best deal?

Thanks man, very question. A very cool site called Cycle Trader. The "Trader" magazines have been around for years and year as, Auto Trader, Cycle Trader, RV Trader, etc. They are simply on line now. Very good resource.

Buy or Sell New and Used Motorcycles - CycleTrader.com

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so you pulled the trigger! awesome congrats!

damn it looks like we'll have enough Buell owners around here to open our own sub-section lol

Thanks Wavex! It will be cool. :D

We need LP brackets that say, "My other bike is/was an FZ6."

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats Pete...slightly jealous, have always liked the Buells, asnd will probably end up owning one myself one day, if the right deal comes about.

Cant wait to see what you do to it, and more so, cant wait foir your ride impressions once you get ya leg over the beast.

:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Jamie. Not a whole to do really, there is about 0% aftermarket, just a handful of items. The exhausts are very limited; D&D, Jardine, Remus and hopefully soon, Drummer.

I've been taking with Jardine to see if they will substitute their off road muffler for a their street one. The RT5 muffler is simply too loud and while D&D sounds amazing, it is STUPID LOUD!

Or I may just hide the stock muffler under a belly pan.

I also found a very cool shop in the UK, http://www.trojan-horse.co.uk/ Ironically they have the best selection of parts for the Buell! Go figure....

It will be fun.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The bike was picked up today and is in route to the shipping consolidators. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be out for a ride on it. :D

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I'm jealous. :rolleyes:

BTW, the levers arrived safely today. :thumbup:

rgatling

Reaction score
Visit site
Pete,
Congrats :rockon: !!!

I test rode one of these a few months a go. The ergos are pretty good for a sport bike. Compared to my ZX-14 (very comfy), it's a close 2nd. And wait until you hit 5K rpms...:thumbup: it REALLY starts to pull.

If you haven't visited this board, check it out for the latest on ECU updates, etc. Buell 1125R Motorcycle Forum - 1125R Superbike Board... - BadWeB

I am really happy for you and will look for you on the street!

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like I said, I will be very interested in seeing your write up after you get this bad boy.

I bet you're really anxious. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice looking bike, i am jealous. even though it was very sad to see such a beautifully modded FZ6 disassembled...

I also can't see what you turn that beast into!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
nice looking bike, i am jealous. even though it was very sad to see such a beautifully modded FZ6 disassembled...

I also can't see what you turn that beast into!!!

Oh believe me the mod part of my stupid brain is on over time! Hence not sleeping at night.

The good thing is this bike is very much dialed in and only needs a few rough edges smoothed out.

Ergos:
1) ConvertiBars - I'm going to keep my old ones and simply buy new clamps and a longer front brake line. This will raise the bar up two inches.

2) Saddle - Second hand Corbin

3) Uly Footpegs - These are one inch lower than stock.

Tuning:
1) AF1 tune - Called Micah at AF1 and he's says he can get about 10 to 15 more hp and smooth the throttle response out. Here's the ECM hack software: EcmSpy.com - Homepage

2) Exhaust - Not sure yet. Everyone is waiting on Drummer to make one. Proptypes are out and the final one should be really in a month to 6 weeks.

3) Throttle Soleniod Removal - This eliminates the EPA noise reduction thingie. This limits how fast the bike can accelerate at certain rpm and throttle settings in order to prevent intake honk. If you pin the throttle at 4,000 rpm in 3rd gear it prevents instant reaction. Thank the EPA.

Bling & Safety
1) Sliders - Ft & Rr axle and handlebar. The huge pods double as crap bungs as the lip of the opening is cheap ABS plastic. About $50 to replace the.

2) Tail Tidy

3) 1125 CR Insulation Kit - This helps keep the heat away from the rider. You can bake potatoes on this thing.

Other than that I can't, at this point in time, see doing any other mods.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh believe me the mod part of my stupid brain is on over time! Hence not sleeping at night.

The good thing is this bike is very much dialed in and only needs a few rough edges smoothed out.

Ergos:
1) ConvertiBars - I'm going to keep my old ones and simply buy new clamps and a longer front brake line. This will raise the bar up two inches.

Tuning:
1) AF1 tune - Called Micah at AF1 and he's says he can get about 10 to 15 more hp and smooth the throttle response out. Here's the ECM hack software: EcmSpy.com - Homepage

2) Exhaust - Not sure yet. Everyone is waiting on Drummer to make one. Proptypes are out and the final one should be really in a month to 6 weeks.

3) Throttle Soleniod Removal - This eliminates the EPA noise reduction thingie. This limits how fast the bike can accelerate at certain rpm and throttle settings in order to prevent intake honk. If you pin the throttle at 4,000 rpm in 3rd gear it prevents instant reaction. Thank the EPA.

Bling & Safety
1) Sliders - Ft & Rr axle and handlebar. The huge pods double as crap bungs as the lip of the opening is cheap ABS plastic. About $50 to replace the.

2) Tail Tidy

3) 1125 CR Insulation Kit - This helps keep the heat away from the rider. You can bake potatoes on this thing.

How does the little lady feel about all those mods :)

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site

Ergos:

Tuning:

Bling & Safety

2) Tail Tidy

Can't wait to see the changes.