1st gear

Targa222

Bike nooob
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont own a fz6 yet just been reading up on it for the moment.
And i was just wondering if anybody knew how fast 1st gear will get you if you strech it out all the way to the redline.

Fast enough to break the speed limit!

**edit** Just curious as to where this question is coming from? Why research the top speed in first gear?

Last edited:
I usually don't spool it all the way up in 1st. It tends to wheelie very easily.

Indicated 60mph. Actual speed around 50-55 depending how long you stretch it.

Before I installed my speedohealer I hit 100 indicated at the top of second.

Fast enough to break the speed limit!

**edit** Just curious as to where this question is coming from? Why research the top speed in first gear?

Mainly just curiosity. I know some bikes can get up n go in first just wondering how the fz6 compaired.

Ps. Czar my cod waw is broke gonna have to get a new one so we can play;)

1st gear is not a very rider friendly gear when you get it up that high, but i do know that some bikes boast about their 1st gear speeds. My buddies 05 GSXR1000 is supposedly able to go 102 in first gear according to the magazines.... useless spec if you ask me...

Pop it in second as soon as you get going. That will get you from 10mph to 80 mph without even trying before you know what's happening. I've always found 1st a bit on/off whereas 2nd you just twist, then twist some more ...then grin :rockon:

Mainly just curiosity. I know some bikes can get up n go in first just wondering how the fz6 compaired.

Ps. Czar my cod waw is broke gonna have to get a new one so we can play;)

I added you to my friends list already right? I havent been on lately but will be on more in a week or so. Would enjoy a game of zombies or something. I guess curiosity would be the only reason. Cant see basing a purchasing decision on the top speed in first gear.

Back