1st track day on R6

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Date is not a definitive indicator of tire age. It's how long they've been on the bike. They really start to age after they've been heat cycled (meaning they can be properly stored for years and still be considered brand new).

So.. if they've been used for more than 2 years, I'd say they're too old for the track.

Having said that, you'll be amazed at the craptacular equipment people run on track... and it's good enough to pass the tech.
I doubt they'd pass mine, at almost 7000mi on them and 6-7 years lol

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I doubt they'd pass mine, at almost 7000mi on them and 6-7 years lol

Pass or fail, they're definitely too far gone for the track. They're bricks at this point. Take it easy out there until you put a new set on and try to do it ASAP. As you probably know, I can do the install on the cheap, should you need help with that.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pass or fail, they're definitely too far gone for the track. They're bricks at this point. Take it easy out there until you put a new set on and try to do it ASAP. As you probably know, I can do the install on the cheap, should you need help with that.
Oh I have, it's been strictly business on these tires :thumbup:

I'll have to come michelin man on up and check out your tire changing machine sometime this summer perhaps!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh I have, it's been strictly business on these tires :thumbup:

I'll have to come michelin man on up and check out your tire changing machine sometime this summer perhaps!

There's an easier way. Just have the tires shipped to my place. I promise I won't mount them on one of my bikes :rof:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, you're sooooo hooked :)

Do you plan to attend Anonymous Track Addict meetings ?:)

Anyway, welcome to the club :)

LMAO! Totally, man.. it's not even funny. It's the worst just after track.. I go to bed thinking of nothing, but what I want to work on next time and wake up with same thoughts. :banghead:

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
LMAO! Totally, man.. it's not even funny. It's the worst just after track.. I go to bed thinking of nothing, but what I want to work on next time and wake up with same thoughts. :banghead:

That's called passion, Isn't it ?

Keep to it as long as you can. Enjoy every piece of it. Not everybody are such fortunate to find such passion in their life :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's called passion, Isn't it ?

Keep to it as long as you can. Enjoy every piece of it. Not everybody are such fortunate to find such passion in their life :thumbup:

For sure!! I'm just kicking myself for not getting into it much much sooner.. 1st track day at 39 :rolleyes: