2006 FZ6, error 46

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't replace the stator just yet. See if the r/r clears the problem. Since you saw 75VAC and correct continuity upon testing, it shows that the stator is good.

I'd rather have a functioning 15 year old OEM stator than a new rebuilt one.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't replace the stator just yet. See if the r/r clears the problem. Since you saw 75VAC and correct continuity upon testing, it shows that the stator is good.

I'd rather have a functioning 15 year old OEM stator than a new rebuilt one.
I'll do that, if everything is fine i might keep it for spare since its hard to buy parts here usually it comes overseas
Thank you!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ive read your post about you having this issue. Did your bike act this way when you have the faulty R/R?
I already ordered a new R/R im hoping this will solve my problem.

Oh man ive worked so hard to get this bike back and running now im facing this problem.
I just really want this bike to scream

With my RR issue, bike would start and idle ok, but after getting stuck in traffic for a few minutes (like at a long stop light), the bike would stumble and sometimes die. I ended up putting one of those little LED indicators on the dash that would change color at different voltages, and I saw that at higher revs the voltage dropped. That's when I put the meter on it and watched the voltage drop to mid 12v at higher rpms.

My stator went bad way before the RR problem, don't know if they were related. Since I installed the new RR, bike runs perfectly.

Take your time and you'll figure it out.

Last edited:

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick update!
The parts arrived yesterday and it was indeed the R/R thats faulty
Took the bike for a ride yesterday and pushed it a little too hard and iam very satisfied
However today i guess my luck ran out!
It was misfiring when the bike is hot at operating temperature stumbles at idle and jerking at low rpm
I checked my ignition coils and caps
Only to find out one of the cap developed a crack inside the rubber boot
Added to the "to buy list"
So the S2 ignition coils and caps will fit my s1? Or a much newer model? Gotta be looking at newer ones
When will all this end

Attachments

• IMG_20220301_000119.jpg
    IMG_20220301_000119.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 6

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a quick update!
The parts arrived yesterday and it was indeed the R/R thats faulty
Took the bike for a ride yesterday and pushed it a little too hard and iam very satisfied
However today i guess my luck ran out!
It was misfiring when the bike is hot at operating temperature stumbles at idle and jerking at low rpm
I checked my ignition coils and caps
Only to find out one of the cap developed a crack inside the rubber boot
Added to the "to buy list"
So the S2 ignition coils and caps will fit my s1? Or a much newer model? Gotta be looking at newer ones
When will all this end

You are a handy person.... Take a look at this thread, starting at post 193. @bussbomb replaced his coils with coil-over-plugs from a newer Yamaha. I ended up doing the same mod and it is great. It eliminates the recurring problem of loose spark plug caps and helps the engine run smoother. All that is required is 4 coils and 5 connectors ( 1 is to connect the 4 low-voltage wares from the coils to the bike's wiring harness). If you can crimp, you have all the skills necessary.

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You are a handy person.... Take a look at this thread, starting at post 193. @bussbomb replaced his coils with coil-over-plugs from a newer Yamaha. I ended up doing the same mod and it is great. It eliminates the recurring problem of loose spark plug caps and helps the engine run smoother. All that is required is 4 coils and 5 connectors ( 1 is to connect the 4 low-voltage wares from the coils to the bike's wiring harness). If you can crimp, you have all the skills necessary.
Ive read about COP conversion i want to do it but its getting a little too expensive right now
Thank you!