2006 Yamaha FZ6 - Looking to buy

13nick31

Reaction score
Visit site
I think $3500 seems like a fair price provided it is in excellent shape and has not been dropped. It seems like here in Michigan bikes for whatever reason go for more than the Blue Book value, especially at a dealer. And in another month it will be very hard to find a nice bike for a good price as it may not seem like it now but spring is coming. Also I would not put any value on the extras he says he is providing. Unless the helmet is less than 2 or at most 3 years old your going to want to get a new one. I would want a new one anyway since you don't know where it has been or if it's been dropped. Maybe off him $3400 and he can keep the helmet.

If you're referring to the one in the OP, I was able to check it out yesterday.

I was able to talk him down to $3000 cash without his helmet or two jackets. The bike is completely stock. It was tipped over or dropped at low speed because the right side was a little banged up/scuffed/scratched. The tires are coming to an end in their useful life as well.

But now I have my eye on a 2007 with under 3,000 miles. The right side on this one is scratched up as well, along with the passenger handle got scuffed. He said it was tipped over in the garage, but said the frame sliders absorbed most of the impact.. I'm going to be checking that one out and possibly buying it this Saturday.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're referring to the one in the OP, I was able to check it out yesterday.

I was able to talk him down to $3000 cash without his helmet or two jackets. The bike is completely stock. It was tipped over or dropped at low speed because the right side was a little banged up/scuffed/scratched. The tires are coming to an end in their useful life as well.

But now I have my eye on a 2007 with under 3,000 miles. The right side on this one is scratched up as well, along with the passenger handle got scuffed. He said it was tipped over in the garage, but said the frame sliders absorbed most of the impact.. I'm going to be checking that one out and possibly buying it this Saturday.

Yeah that's the one I was referring to. Didn't read that you had looked at it already. I think rule of thumb is Blue Book is a good place to start if the bike is in excellent condition and you can ride it this summer without having to do anything to it. If it's been dropped, scratched or needs anything mechanical such as tires the price should be dropped accordingly. Also one thing to keep in mind is mod's don't really add any value to the bike even though the seller will try to tell you it does. The only mod that might add some value is an aftermarket exhaust. At any rate good luck and if you buy one I'm sure you wont regret it as I love my FZ6.:thumbup:

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
One more thing. It might be a good idea to ask the seller if the bike has been riden in the rain or stored outside. Not that it's a bad thing but riding it in the rain can shorten the life of the steering, wheel, and swingarm bearings. In a perfect world you would like to find a bike that has never been dropped, riden in the rain, and always garage kept.