2007 swing arm on 2006?

Scottn

Carbon Fiber Addict
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Absolutely!! Just make sure you get the axle with nut, the adjuster blocks, and adjuster screws. Otherwise it just bolts right up.
5094131947_0d09a45cda.jpg

Scottn

Carbon Fiber Addict
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No. Does not require the chain to be broken. Just remove the Rear Hugger, and the chain is free to go around the arm.

QUOTE=Gcontroller;361161]Does the swap require the chain to be broken?[/QUOTE]

Scottn

Carbon Fiber Addict
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you find one without the axle, nut, sliders, let me know. I have some new in the Yamaha packaging. I double ordered.

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Just wondering what the point of swapping them is?
Apart from looks (even though I like the looks of the earlier one better :BLAA:)

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Super easy modification

This is a super easy modification to do. As other posters mentioned, be sure to get the 2007+ axle and rear adjuster pieces. All of the other stuff will swap over from your old swingarm.

There's really no performance gain, but it looks a lot better and the chain adjustment mechanism is tons better.

I painted mine silver to match my 2004's frame and it turned out quite well.

Here are my threads on the subject:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/24409-started-swingarm-installation.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/26543-updated-picture-2004-fz6-2007-swingarm.html

Last edited:

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as removing the exhaust can I just remove the CAT or do I have to pull the exhaust cans off to remove the CAT?

Some have done it by just removing the cat I had a fight with mine and it was easier to pull the whole thing. As far as benifits go you have looks, better chain adjustment, and I believe its a little stiffer (less flex) the guys that track theirs might answer that better.