2008 Fz6 CO adjustment Leo Vince how to find the best values?

Ital

Reaction score
Visit site
Shoot for c0 = 7, c1 = 25.
You should be able to get a nice idle, retain full idle adjustment/sync screw compensation. But was this thread the one with stinky idle as main complaint?
Maybe 0/25 to reduce throttle chop...

If so it depends what is important to you. Lean idle can lead to stalling especially with a cold engine.

O/T extreme fueling:
Here's one for you. One time I let the data logger inputs make the correction fuel map / compensation to obtain a fuel ratio of 12.8:1 from 3k up.
Well it hosed up and made it like 10:1 and although it never fouled plugs, mpgs went from 45 to 25mpg and there were few happy spots as it was so rich, it pretty much killed its performance. Reset and make manual corrections. Under high loads like idle to 4k 12.8:1 is the sweet spot with 13.1:1 taking care of business up top from ---> 4k to 13.6k where ignition cut occurs.

Few people run the Bazzaz F/C or I'd share the map. Its pretty well dialed in right now.

done - want to mention that the setting are C1 and C2 (not C0, C1)
C1=5, C2=24
I had it set C1 at 7, but since I could not adjust the idle as I don't have a screw driver with me, it was running choppy, there is a spot around 1200 rpm that my bike does not like idle.. not sure why... above it or below it its fine.
I then tried C1 setting of 9 and 5 and both worked well, but it idles better with 5... might even try zero at idle next....

Thanks for the input, that make much more sense that the C1 and C2 are for different rpm range and the feedback i am getting from these changes seem to confirm that.
The lost of power I felt before is recovered with the C2 = 24 and my idle behavior does change when changing the C1

But was this thread the one with stinky idle as main complaint?
No it is not, this one is about more powa :)

The Bazzaz F/C sounds pretty kewl, is that ECU tuning? how do I get it?
I am into tuning cars ;)

Last edited:

Swissfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Long time lurker here- thanks to all of you who have posted your nods and how-to's on this forum, it's made tinkering on my bike a whole lot of fun.

I' recently ordered the Leo vinve exhaust, still hasn't arrived yet, but I'm wondering what people's opinions are on using a Power Commander vs adjusting the C values. I'm tempted to purchase the PCV but after reading a bit, it seems like many people say the PC maps are far from ideal, too rich. Seems like a waste to install a fuel management device that wastes loads of fuel.

Has anyone out there had their bike dyno'd and has a map to share for an S1 (2005), stock air filter, leo Vince?

Does anyone out there use the PCV with the autotune for this setup (S1, stock air, Leo Vince)?

Or should I just adjust the C values and save $?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I've hijacked the thread- I couldn't figure out how to start a new one..

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
Long time lurker here- thanks to all of you who have posted your nods and how-to's on this forum, it's made tinkering on my bike a whole lot of fun.

I' recently ordered the Leo vinve exhaust, still hasn't arrived yet, but I'm wondering what people's opinions are on using a Power Commander vs adjusting the C values. I'm tempted to purchase the PCV but after reading a bit, it seems like many people say the PC maps are far from ideal, too rich. Seems like a waste to install a fuel management device that wastes loads of fuel.

Has anyone out there had their bike dyno'd and has a map to share for an S1 (2005), stock air filter, leo Vince?

Does anyone out there use the PCV with the autotune for this setup (S1, stock air, Leo Vince)?

Thanks for your help.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I've hijacked the thread- I couldn't figure out how to start a new one..
See attached.....tapatalk_1491864169320.jpgtapatalk_1491864174607.jpgtapatalk_1491864177845.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks for your help.

I put OPEN Scorps on mine, stock Cat, air filter, etc...No other mods or adjustments.

Bike idles dead smooth, no loping, accelerates great..

I would install the LV W/O changing anything and see how she runs.

Should you decide to play with the CO settings, RECORD THEM, (write them on the garage wall) as once you change them(and forget), you can't go back to the factory settings if need be...

**Also, modding the air filter housing, after market filter, removing CATS, will cause idling issues, usually loping as too much air is NOW passing thru the engine for the computer to keep up..

You can usually get by with the muffler alone W/O issue..

It WILL be a very different machine with those pipes on!! :)

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Does the harness that the wire is located that you need to ground on the US model to access the CO adjustment need to be plugged into the other end for this to work? What is the best method to access the wire if so? It seems like there may be a little black plug in the empty hole on the other side of the harness. I am assuming this should be pushed out to you can access the right wire if the connector does need to be plugged in.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does the harness that the wire is located that you need to ground on the US model to access the CO adjustment need to be plugged into the other end for this to work? What is the best method to access the wire if so? It seems like there may be a little black plug in the empty hole on the other side of the harness. I am assuming this should be pushed out to you can access the right wire if the connector does need to be plugged in.
I did a search on forum and found this:

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a search on forum and found this:

Thanks I found the same a few others but having a hard time getting into diag mode with the wire grounded! Trying to figure out why :)

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
No idea what's up. I must be an idiot. :) Tried multiple different ground points with a wire well attached to the yellow/red wire from the connector, hold the two buttons turn ignition on and never goes to diag.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No idea what's up. I must be an idiot. :) Tried multiple different ground points with a wire well attached to the yellow/red wire from the connector, hold the two buttons turn ignition on and never goes to diag.
Could it be a sequence that must be followed? For example: Maybe key on, then ground the wire and then enter diagnostic mode?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Could it be a sequence that must be followed? For example: Maybe key on, then ground the wire and then enter diagnostic mode?
Don't remember the whole thing, but the ground wire is not part of a sequence, it is a prerequisite. A long tme ago when I thought this was a good adjustment to make, I connected the wire permanently to ground so that I could use the adjustments whenever I wanted to.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't remember the whole thing, but the ground wire is not part of a sequence, it is a prerequisite. A long tme ago when I thought this was a good adjustment to make, I connected the wire permanently to ground so that I could use the adjustments whenever I wanted to.
Hmmmmm...Does the engine need to be running?
@CanadaFZ6 Are you starting your motor?

Last edited:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
C-FZ6. Why are you looking to access this function? Does your bike have an issue that you are trying to correct or have you made mods that require adjustment? What were the mods? If it was just a slip-on exhaust, no mods required.

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
C-FZ6. Why are you looking to access this function? Does your bike have an issue that you are trying to correct or have you made mods that require adjustment? What were the mods? If it was just a slip-on exhaust, no mods required.

I am convinced I felt it lose some oomph when I did my exhaust. I've jetted a lot of carbed bikes before and am familiar with the signs of a motor running lean and think mine is very similar, though not extreme or anything.

I have read about this a while and seen enough people that are happy with the results of richening their mixture a bit after doing an exhaust to think it's worth a try. :) It is free after all.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am convinced I felt it lose some oomph when I did my exhaust. I've jetted a lot of carbed bikes before and am familiar with the signs of a motor running lean and think mine is very similar, though not extreme or anything.

I have read about this a while and seen enough people that are happy with the results of richening their mixture a bit after doing an exhaust to think it's worth a try. :) It is free after all.

So on a more serious note...

My air-fuel ratio goals are to further tame the fizzer's throttle snatch. Unfortunately, measuring success there is very subjective and it is easy to convince yourself that your changes are good.

I encourage to try and the co adjustments, but I recall reading that their settings were only available at lower rpms.